Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Lice

amother

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 11:18 pm
Last week we found lots of lice and nits in my daughter's hair. The other kids didn't have any nits. We used RID, got rid of all the nits, washing all the linens, clothes, etc, vacuumed, etc. Now, a week later we found more baby lice and nits. We put rid on again. What else should I do? Re-wash everything again? All the kids sleep in the same room and are always playing together so there's no area I can assume is 100% okay ?! Advice please

LEMON

Post Sun, Dec 02 2012, 11:21 pm
you did the right thing. when using rid or any of these lice killing formulas you have to repeat after a week. just continue to comb daily and you should get rid of it.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 8:29 am
Hatzlacha. Probably the most important thing to do is comb, properly, consistently, and long enough. I'm not sure what the recommended schedule is, something like daily for a week or ten days, then every other day for a while, not sure. If you put Pantene in the hair before combing, the nits will comb out easily.

ElTam

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:31 am
Ditto on combing thoroughly daily. Stuffed animals need to be bagged up and put away til all the lice can die. And run pillows and pillowcases through the dryer each morning.

I'm assuming you've washed coats and hats and dried them on high heat, or bagged them up for several days...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics