Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Irritation down there

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 2:03 am
My dd just woke up shrieking because she's in pain. I would say she has a yeast infection, although there is no smell or discharge.

It's the middle of the night, and I am planning to take her to the doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice of what I could do now until the doctor. She is having a hard time falling asleep.

octopus

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 8:22 am
does your dd have very sensitive skin? is a heat rash or diaper looking kind of rash? did you try bathing her to ease the pain? putting on vaseline?

ElTam

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 9:31 am
Do you have any diaper rash cream? Should work.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
My dd just woke up shrieking because she's in pain. I would say she has a yeast infection, although there is no smell or discharge.

It's the middle of the night, and I am planning to take her to the doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has any advice of what I could do now until the doctor. She is having a hard time falling asleep.
A bath should help. My daughter had this last week and the diaper cream just made it worse.
The doctor told us that sometimes, just because it is not a dry area, it can get very moist and dirty if a child does not wipe correctly for one.

He said a bath should help and that if it still hurt in a few days to come back.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:

A bath should help. My daughter had this last week and the diaper cream just made it worse.
The doctor told us that sometimes, just because it is not a dry area, it can get very moist and dirty if a child does not wipe correctly for one.

He said a bath should help and that if it still hurt in a few days to come back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics