Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Starting solids

birdy

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:13 am
My LO is a bit more than 4 months old and ka"h really chubby-I'm still only nursing. He started looking really interested in my food-am I depriving him by not sharing? Should I start solids with him yet?

nyer1

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:39 am
from what ive been told, it used to be suggested that parents give solids at 4 months. now, studies show that 6 months is better, according to most. however, my baby is 5.5 months and we started him on rice and oatmeal at 4 months due to reflux, but we are looking forward to giving him his first taste of baby veggies soon! so unless there is a medical reason, hold off until 6 months. he doesn't need the solids for nutrition, formula or breastmilk is providing all of the calories and nutrients that he needs for now. even when you give him solids, its really just for him to be introduced to it, it won't provide that much additional nutrition. it is normal for him to be curious at this time though.. so ask your pediatrician, but most likely he will say u can wait.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:43 am
Ask your pediatrician. My baby is six months and my ped is recommending I wait another couple of months, my baby is nursing very well and the doctor thinks that every calorie of food that is breastmilk is best for baby.

birdy

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:47 am
op here...

not as far as nutrition goes. just because he looks like he wants and he'll prob enjoy it... I guess I can wait

nyer1

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:49 am
yes I understand. im saying, its normal for him to be curious. but since he doesn't NEED it right now, I personally think its better to wait.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics