Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Can deleted pictures from digital camera be recovered?

happy chick

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 10:48 pm
I deleted such a yummy picture from my camera by accident. it wasnt the last picture that was taken, but I havent taken any more pictures after I deleted it (dont know if that relevant). I tried using cardrecovery, but its taking forever and so far nothing is coming up. anyone have any successful experience?

yummydd

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:43 pm
I have had good experiences with some programs. Some are better then others.
The best thing is make sure not to use that card for now, till you manage to recover it. As using it can ruin your chances.

zissy2004

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 11:49 pm
I remember my son deleting pics from my camera and I did take a picture after that. I googled such recovery type program's although I can't remember which one and it recovered some of the pictures so I would advise you to google a free program and try. It can't hurt and if one doesn't work try another program. Good luck!

yummydd

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:02 am
zissy2004 wrote:
I remember my son deleting pics from my camera and I did take a picture after that. I googled such recovery type program's although I can't remember which one and it recovered some of the pictures so I would advise you to google a free program and try. It can't hurt and if one doesn't work try another program. Good luck!

It can work sometimes even if you use the card sometimes. But from personal experience the chances are definitly better if you don't use it.

zissy2004

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:04 am
yummydd wrote:
zissy2004 wrote:

It can work sometimes even if you use the card sometimes. But from personal experience the chances are definitly better if you don't use it.

I know, that's what the program had said too. I guess that's why only 9 of my 15 pics were recovered :-( but better than nothing! It was my Purim pics..

Redbird

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 12:44 am
I was in israel and I accidentally formatted the memory card and lost ALL the pictures from the trip. I took it to a photo store in geulah and the guy was able to recover %99.5 of the pictures.

It definately is important not to take new pictures, because it "writes over" the deleted pictures that are hidden there somehow. Try going to a photo developing type store, and see what they say.

happy chick

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 4:46 am
thanks for all your replies. do any of you remember which program you used when you googled it?

AlwaysThinking

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 4:53 am
I had a similar thing. I found the only program that recovered everything was teskdisk:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki.....nload

It looks scary to use - but if you follow the instructions it works well - it's easy to use even though it looks like it's for experts. I'm sure there are easier to use programs out there, but like I said, this got back pics the other didn't manage to. Good luck!

zissy2004

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:01 am
I think I googled " how to recover deleted pictures from an SD card" or something like that. I remember that it was a free program though.
Sorry, it's been about a yr ago so can't remember the program...

happy chick

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 5:28 am
riff, do you remember exactly how you did it? I downloaded the program, but I dont see how to run it. maybe it is a program for experts. hmm...

Tzutzie

Post Fri, Dec 14 2012, 9:14 am
If your in williamsburg try midtown photo.
they recovered 99% of the photos my niece mistakenly deleted. it was A LOT of photos.

photoshop_mommy

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 2:37 pm
Piriform Recuva
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Works best if you haven't taken any pictures over since the card/camera got deleted. Also beware: Don't try to recover straight to the memory card/camera - the program tries to recover every single picture ever taken on the card/camera so it will be more than the card/camera can handle.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 2:47 pm
I took it to the photo store- they recovered it for me for a fee.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics