Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Ground Turkey in disguise

coconutbutter

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 10:33 pm
DH he does not like ground turkey but he also said that about zucchini, tofu, and a whole wonder of other healthy stuff that-put in the right recipes- he ended up really liking! Last night I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs and all was well until he questioned why they were so white in the inside. I confessed and DH could barely finish the meatball he was in middle of chowing down! He said until he knew it was turkey it was good... Smile I even googled how to get fussy kids to eat turkey to make sure to get extra special recipe that would go over. So now I have a full pot of meatballs and being thrifty as I am do not want to throw it out. Is there a plan B that I could use them for now?

SJcookie

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 11:16 pm
No idea about a plan b for what to cook with them, but you can freeze cooked meatballs.

sunny90

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 11:33 pm
My husband isn't the biggest fan of turkey either. I usually make meatballs out of half turkey half beef--that way my family's eating healthier and it doesn't taste too "turkeyish".
Do you have kids? Why not feed the meatballs to them? Or maybe freeze them and pull them out when you need a meal for a new mom.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey