Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Looking to become a BCBA- anyone have any info

esmom

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 8:57 pm
Hi! I have my masters degree and am looking in to taking courses yo become a BCBA. I just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences with Florida Institute for technology (overwise known as FIT) onlinr courses or if you know any other options. Also how did u fulfill your mentoring requirements? Who did u use as a mentor? Any info u would give me would be very helpful. Thanks so mucj

Sherri

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 8:59 pm
http://www.worldcampus.psu.edu.....rview

I am pretty sure that someone I know did this.

esmom

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 9:02 pm
Thanks for the link sherri. If u remember who itwas that would be helpful as I am looking to speak to someone who did it

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 9:38 pm
What's a BCBA?

Sherri

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 9:43 pm
Board Certified Behavior Analysis

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 9:46 pm
Under dairy and pareve meals?? shock I thought it's some kind of diet or what.

I can even tag this thread as a recipe! LOL

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Dec 17 2012, 9:47 pm
I was trying to figure out if it's some sort of Chef...

hifromkgh

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 9:34 pm
yes, I recently received my certification and I went through FIT online. not sure what kind of info you are looking for but the standards are changing soon . The course work was very time consuming and stressful but manageable. The exam itself was really difficult. I passed on the first try but I know alot of others who did not.

esmom

Post Mon, Aug 26 2013, 10:57 pm
Thanks so much for responding. I know this is an old thread. Currently I am taking my third course out of 5 through FIT . I managed to start right before they switched to the new standards. . I am BH finding it manageable however I am currently having a difficult time finding a job for this school year that could fulfill requirements for supervision hours. I am located in NJ . Would you happen to know of any leads....

hifromkgh

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 8:56 pm
I see this thread is old...but figured id post anyways. If you are looking to be supervised by a bcba and get your hours of field work why dont u work with insurance based companies. I believe the one in nj is called applied behavioral care. U will be supervised by a bcba and get your required hours. only problem is most of their cases are after schoolnhours or weekends. gluck!

miami85

Post Sun, Jun 28 2015, 8:54 pm
I've heard good things about the FIT program, but I see that TTI also has a program. Someone told me that her daughter got scholarships to FIT? How does that work?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics