Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Keeping Imamother a safe environment for all members
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Dec 26 2012, 10:16 pm
peppermint wrote:
black sheep wrote:
am I the only one who has never, ever recognized an anonymous poster based on her writing style? it was mentioned on another thread a few weeks back and I decided to try and see if I could connect amothers to screen names based on writing style, and for the life of me I cannot. is there a trick I don't know about?
I too have never figured out an anonymous poster's screen name based on her writing style.

I have sometimes. Or at least I think I have, it doesn't really matter if it's her or not. As others have said, some have a distinctive writing style, put that together with a few facts they've shared under their SN and it is just obvious.
I sometimes post under amother and don't bother to disguise my writing. In those situations, I don't really care if someone knows it's me, Tablepoetry - I just don't want that specific post or topic showing up in my posting history, linked to my SN.

freidasima

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:09 am
I guess that's why I never, but NEVER post as amother. If I can't say it under my name, and everyone knows who I am, then I shouldn't say it at all. If there is something personal I want to tell another poster then I PM her. And if she has written as amother, I ask her to PM me so that I can write her something or to use my regular email address which is no secret to anyone here on imamother....

Merrymom

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 8:48 am
freidasima wrote:
I guess that's why I never, but NEVER post as amother. If I can't say it under my name, and everyone knows who I am, then I shouldn't say it at all. If there is something personal I want to tell another poster then I PM her. And if she has written as amother, I ask her to PM me so that I can write her something or to use my regular email address which is no secret to anyone here on imamother....

I really disagree. When you have something to say about a friend, relative, or even your own dh or children then it's just not right to share anything about them without their permission.

Culturedpearls

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:23 pm
I was just PM'ed by a member regarding a discussion on another thread. She has "figured" out who another member is based on her old posts & wanted to tell me not to believe this woman "with issues".
I'm disgusted.

sequoia

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:30 pm
Those of us who often know who amother is are not doing it on purpose. We are not frickin' detectives, okay?

I live in a world of words. I am extremely sensitive to writing styles. And yes, everyone has their own.

Being angry about it is as absurd as a daltonic being angry at those who perceive color.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:38 pm
Sometimes I use amother just so that no one can ever prove that I said something that could be used against my family, say about one of my kids. It doesn't mean I think no one can figure out that it's me. They just can't prove it.

ElTam

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:43 pm
bluebird wrote:
Quote:
I actually do alter my writing style when I post as amother ever since I saw a thread in which several posters claimed to identify an amother based on her excessive use of semicolons. I wasn't that amother, but I'm a semicolon lover myself and I make sure not to use them when posting as amother now.

I thought the same thing when I saw that thread bluebird. I love me some semicolons. I don't know who the poster people were thinking of, but if you are going on semicolons, you are likely to be misled.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:53 pm
Wow, some of you get really interesting PMs. (As opposed to those of us who just get really interesting PMS.)

MrsDash

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 1:58 pm
I don't have my own writing style. I have others, but not my own.

Merrymom

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:37 pm
ElTam wrote:
bluebird wrote:
Quote:
I actually do alter my writing style when I post as amother ever since I saw a thread in which several posters claimed to identify an amother based on her excessive use of semicolons. I wasn't that amother, but I'm a semicolon lover myself and I make sure not to use them when posting as amother now.

I thought the same thing when I saw that thread bluebird. I love me some semicolons. I don't know who the poster people were thinking of, but if you are going on semicolons, you are likely to be misled.

Oh you too? I am pretty sure they were referring to me but I was definitely not the amother with the semi colons. I just kept my mouth shut though since there's no point in arguing with people who have their mind made up.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:40 pm
freidasima wrote:

Your posting history claims otherwise. . .

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:49 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Wow, some of you get really interesting PMs. (As opposed to those of us who just get really interesting PMS.)

LOL

busydev

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:50 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
freidasima wrote:

if she posted in a private forum you are not part of then her posting history wont show you those posts

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:51 pm
busydev wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
freidasima wrote:

if she posted in a private forum you are not part of then her posting history wont show you those posts

Oh, good to know.

Sorry for the false accusation Tongue Out

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 2:56 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
freidasima wrote:

This is the problem with posting histories. I have never heard of it used for a good purpose. It is only used to challenge poster's credibility.

If FS were lying, you could bring shame and embarrassment so such a fine lady.

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 3:00 pm
sequoia wrote:
Those of us who often know who amother is are not doing it on purpose. We are not frickin' detectives, okay?

I live in a world of words. I am extremely sensitive to writing styles. And yes, everyone has their own.

Being angry about it is as absurd as a daltonic being angry at those who perceive color.
o

There is a big difference between figuring out who someone is and posting about same.

sequoia

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 3:02 pm
Yeah, I don't do that. Others do, their post gets removed, then some assume it was me.

September June

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 3:42 pm
sequoia wrote:

This.

Merrymom, the semicolom amother was certainly not you.

I've figured out amothers more than once and generally just keep quiet. I would never out an amother on the main board.

Kfar

Post Thu, Dec 27 2012, 6:47 pm
I haven't read all of these posts, but if it is known that a member "outed" an abused W to her abusing H based on the abused W's posts here, why wouldn't the member doing the outing be immediately barred permanently from this site?

ruth

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 4:09 pm
Yael, I just want to know how did the abused woman know for sure that her abuser was told?

You needn't divulge details, it is just that sometimes women in this situation are in such a sick, manipulated relationship and in an emotionally strung out state that it is hard to parse out details.

For example, maybe the abuser found out on his own somehow (has something on her computer?) Then to mess with her head he tells her "a friend told him" or something to this effect. He did this to make her feel she could not trust anyone and go for help.... Do you all see my point?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics