Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dining room set

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:51 am
Where can I purchase a dining room set? I'm married almost 10 years and we finally moved into our house (!!!) so I have the space.... finally! I don't want to overspend, but I don't want a junk. I live in Lakewood but I'm willing to look in NY as well.
Any suggestions?
I also need a leather couch.
Thanks so much!

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:09 pm
I think my brother is trying to sell his dining room set. Let me know if you want pics and more info.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:18 pm
Alot of tmes there are sales that you can get good quality for cheap. I heard that there is being one in lakewood around pesach time and there will be dining room sets and couches for very good prices and its supposed to be good quality stuff... If I hear more details about where or when I will post

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:21 pm
MrsDash wrote:
I think my brother is trying to sell his dining room set. Let me know if you want pics and more info.

How old is it? How large? Yes, show me pics.
Thanks!

busydev

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:22 pm
maybe try craigs list?

MrsDash

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
MrsDash wrote:

How old is it? How large? Yes, show me pics.
Thanks!

I just sent him an email for the pics. It's a large formal dining room set. Not sure how old, but it's in perfect shape.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:00 pm
I also recommend buying one used. We bought a $10,000 set that was only four years old and paid $2,000. It was in pretty good condition and we don't feel as bad when our kids damage it than we would have if we spent $10k

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:03 pm
amother wrote:
I also recommend buying one used. We bought a $10,000 set that was only four years old and paid $2,000. It was in pretty good condition and we don't feel as bad when our kids damage it than we would have if we spent $10k

where do you find something like that? I looked on craigs list and found junk. I would love to buy a used set that's really nice but just don't know where to look!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:10 pm
I'm the amother that got the set for 2k. We found ours in the weekly link. We also looked in the Torah Times, craigslist and luach. We were looking for some time. There are plenty of people that move cross country and don't want it or for other reasons don't need it anymore. We also got our dinette set used and I love it.

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:10 pm
It's hit and miss with Craig's list. I'd search there daily. Sometimes you can find a great bargain (we got all our dining room furniture on Craigslist). Unless you have tons of $, it'll be hard to find a high quality brand new set for less than several thousand. Also check classifieds.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics