Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What would Flatbush ppl do w/kids in EY for the whole summer

Ashrei

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 1:26 pm
We're considering spending the summer in EY, but where would our just turned 3yo boy and 5yo girl go to camp?

We haven't picked a location yet, we suppose it depends on where we could find english speaking camps the kids would be comfortable in. Does such a thing even exist?

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:01 pm
Do you know anybody who lives in Israel? I can't imagine spending the summer and sending kids to camp-- so much easier to go touring as you want and not have to stick to their schedule.

harriet

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 3:34 pm
I would have to disagree with minimom. Kaytana in Israel is likely to be short hours, enough to give the kids some structure to their day but still plenty of time to go on day trips afterwords and if once a week you pull the kids out to go on a full day trip, who cares, it's just daycamp! I think having a 3 and 5 yo home all day (in a rented apartment without their "things") with nothing specific planned every day is a recipe for disaster.

OP, all the neighborhoods with large english speaking populations (Maalot Dafna, Sanhedria Merchevet, Sorotzkin, etc) should have daycamps (or kaytana) for english speaking kids your children's ages. Definitely for 3 yo, worse comes to worse, you may have to put the 5 yo in with 4 yos if there's nothing english speaking for that age.

Good luck!

Ashrei

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 10:38 pm
Thanks! Now that I know it's a possibility, I'll look into it further b'n.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 11:15 pm
There is Machanyim for the 5 year old. My girls had a wonderful time last year. They bus from all over Y-m.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 11:32 pm
What about for boys ages 5 and 9?
Are there any camps for those ages?
I was thinking of Hebrew speaking camps as an immersion opportunity to learn (and improve in) the language, but wasn't sure if it might be too jolting.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 9:11 am
Ganim usually have kaitana for the first three weeks in July. First figure out your location. Then try to join your kids with a private gan kaitana. In some areas, private kaitanot continue for longer than three weeks.

Teenage girls often run their oen kaitanot (backyard day camps).

A 5 year old might be able to go to certain big kid camps. Some start at 6.

You may like a Hebrew speaking camp where a lot of the kids speak English at home.

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 9:17 am
Just make sure that your vacation actually coincides with when the chaidarim are out of school, if you are looking for a chareidi camp for your sons. Boys here generally have much shorter vacations than the girls here or their counterpart in the US.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 9:49 am
But a boy just turned 3 would be able to go to a gan kaitana, right?

Liba

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 9:53 am
Isramom8 wrote:
But a boy just turned 3 would be able to go to a gan kaitana, right?

I was replying to this amother:

amother wrote:
What about for boys ages 5 and 9?
Are there any camps for those ages?
I was thinking of Hebrew speaking camps as an immersion opportunity to learn (and improve in) the language, but wasn't sure if it might be too jolting.

Smile Boys age 5 and 9 are cheider age usually.

Yes, a three year old should be off from the beginning of July.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions