Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
TV SHOW IS BEING FILMED ON 49 & 13
Previous  1  2  3  Next

ChutzPAh

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:26 pm
Only a Peg Perego Aria double stroller? Definitely not authentic! Where are the upscale strollers?

IMHopinion

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 8:33 pm
ChutzPAh wrote:
Only a Peg Perego Aria double stroller? Definitely not authentic! Where are the upscale strollers?

Yah, I'm looking at the silver cross carriages. Where did they pick them up? Very Happy

centurion

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 9:30 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
ChutzPAh wrote:

Yah, I'm looking at the silver cross carriages. Where did they pick them up? Very Happy

the silver cross is occasionally seen around town. the peg perego would look more authentic if a: it didn't have those red seats, b: the dolls would be wearing matching light blue knit hats with teddy bears, and c: under 2 different blankets and/or shmancy bunting.
the pics cracked me up.

csl

Post Mon, Jan 07 2013, 10:14 pm
not a single Bugaboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4ofus

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 5:38 am
http://midwoodscoop.com//news/.....-ave/

geshmak

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 5:50 am
I enjoyed the pictures, but you can't imitate yiddishe chein.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:07 am
The women looked very inauthetic. Boro Park is not that saturated with shpitzels. where were the covered and uncovered shaitels?

chilled

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:23 am
why can't they get the "look" right?!

cheese cake

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:33 am
The men look great but who goes shopping in a turban? Most ppl only go to the corner grocery like that if at all. And yes they were missing the bugaboos. Almost no one goes around with those carriages anymore

zigi

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:00 am
what is really funny is seeing the real people of bp watching the actors. they should have done their homework.

no bugaboos, mclarens, mountain buggys.

some of the men look really funny. battered hats and funny payis.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:30 am
Hey, I'm all for research being done. It sucks that they never get the Jews right on camera. But this time, we only have ourselves to blame. CBS put out a casting call for frum men and women. They wanted to get it right. No one answered, predictably.

About the costumes, there are enough bochurim standing around watching the set. Wouldn't it be so simple to borrow their hats and jackets? Oh well.

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:41 am
The pic with the streimel husband dressed in a Bekishe and white long socks, is so weird.
He's dressed in full Shabbos or yom tov garb, while the wife is wearing completely weekday clothing, grey turban.
They are so confused.

rising hero

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:43 am
They did get the skirts right...long and pleated. And the 'black' coats! The headgear could use some help though.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:46 am
This episode is a disgusting made up story, of a Rav's passing, and his son taking over. At the funeral, the Gabbai kills the son because he is accusing the son of having an affair with his wife.

Horrible portrayal of chasidim, by tomorrow when everyone becomes aware of this, they may decide to protest this awful filming of our people in such a bad light.

Sure it's all fake, but why the need for chasidim?

greatfulmom

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 8:53 am
The secular world is showing way too much interest in chasidim lately. This is not good news. They will definitely portray us in a bad limelight.

Also, they are dressed very much like Williamsburg community. Sometime one can only see the truth of how they appear from the outside in, when they go on vacation and then come back after an extended time. I have this every time I leave for the country in the summer, and return after a month. Williamsburg aways looks like meah shearim to me then. After a day or two, all looks perfecty normal.

zigi

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:04 am
that would be an interesting job. getting the costumes and other things right.

like in 5 year engagement chabad with really long payis and willing to do a mixed marriage um nope.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:10 am
amother wrote:
This episode is a disgusting made up story, of a Rav's passing, and his son taking over. At the funeral, the Gabbai kills the son because he is accusing the son of having an affair with his wife.

Horrible portrayal of chasidim, by tomorrow when everyone becomes aware of this, they may decide to protest this awful filming of our people in such a bad light.

Are you serious?
I can't find the puke emoticon.

EmesOrNT

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:47 am
amother wrote:

But if the same story happened to just random people, or a catholic priest, or the president, it wouldn't be as disgusting, right?

Look, TV is fictional. If you're watching it, you know that. Even reality TV is scripted *gasp*. Blue Bloods is based in Brooklyn. Jews are in Brooklyn. Its a good story for a good show. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that Jewish neighborhoods are crime free. Stop taking it so personally.

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:53 am
EmesOrNT wrote:
amother wrote:

But if the same story happened to just random people, or a catholic priest, or the president, it wouldn't be as disgusting, right?

Look, TV is fictional. If you're watching it, you know that. Even reality TV is scripted *gasp*. Blue Bloods is based in Brooklyn. Jews are in Brooklyn. Its a good story for a good show. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that Jewish neighborhoods are crime free. Stop taking it so personally.

Scratching Head

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 10:22 am
Im just glad theyre not doing a molestation story, like one of the shows did a few years ago. This at least is far fetched enough to be unrealistic.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics