Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is net nanny a good parental control

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 6:36 pm
I have k9 but I can't see activity by user and time. Net nanny gives you a full report with option to view the screen. I'm not sure why it isn't recommended by the school.

Dini20

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:05 pm
It's a great parental control if it works. On my laptop it messed up the internet & I couldn't connect. But if you have no issues it's a really great program.

b from nj

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 7:27 pm
I've been having problems recently with netnanny. For some reason, it needed to be uninstalled & we've been having trouble reinstalling it but I just spoke with customer service & hopefully we will be able to reinstall it soon.

I also have had trouble with it occasionally on my child's computer when it seemed to not block things that it was supposed to block & also didn't shut off when it was supposed to. In short, I'm not crazy about netnanny/contentwatch.

BTW, we also have e-blaster which is great & monitors every keystroke it made on my child's computer. Of course, this does not make DC happy but I think it's important to have both filters & monitoring on my children's computers.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:43 pm
b from nj wrote:
I've been having problems recently with netnanny. For some reason, it needed to be uninstalled & we've been having trouble reinstalling it but I just spoke with customer service & hopefully we will be able to reinstall it soon.

I also have had trouble with it occasionally on my child's computer when it seemed to not block things that it was supposed to block & also didn't shut off when it was supposed to. In short, I'm not crazy about netnanny/contentwatch.

BTW, we also have e-blaster which is great & monitors every keystroke it made on my child's computer. Of course, this does not make DC happy but I think it's important to have both filters & monitoring on my children's computers.

Op here
Thank for the replies.
I think eblaster doesn't work on the Mac.
What is the best filter for the Mac? Is it net nanny?

September June

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:45 pm
Norton Online Family is a great free parental controls program.
It is MUCH harder to override than K9. It can send you reports about internet activity as well.
Check it out here.

b from nj

Post Tue, Jan 08 2013, 9:55 pm
amother wrote:
b from nj wrote:

Op here
Thank for the replies.
I think eblaster doesn't work on the Mac.
What is the best filter for the Mac? Is it net nanny?

There is an e-blaster for the Mac. That is what we have on my son's computer along with netnanny for Mac...Both are available for the Mac or PC.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2013, 2:35 pm
Op here

Does anybody else knows what is the best way to monitor elementary And high school children activity on the computer. ?????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics