Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Salary and masters advice in different teaching positions

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 8:21 pm
Hi, I'm very new to this site...one of my first times posting so bear with me. I reallllyyy need some advice. I have a bachelors in psychology and have taken the year off to think of what I want to do before starting grad school, but half a year has gone by and Im still undecided. I was thinking about either social work or jewish education. I need advice what would be a good masters program for something in this area and to be frank, which area in teaching would pay the best. In this day, money is a big deal. and even though DH has a job and we are stable bH, I know I need to start working and making more. Whats the starting salary in a jewish day school like ycq, hanc, haftr type places?

seeker

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:16 pm
I can't promise anything but you would probably do better in social work than ANY education degree. The teaching field is flooded. There are some areas that are less flooded than others but I can't think of any that are actually considered a good place to be in terms of job hunting. Social work might be a longer degree/internship but is much more versatile as opposed to teaching which comes as a specific subject or grade.

morah

Post Thu, Jan 10 2013, 9:32 pm
While I can't speak to the specific schools you named, generally the MO schools pay similar to the public schools and offer benefits. You can pm me for more info. I teach high school, which pays more than younger ages- but not everyone is cut out for that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics