Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Hillel - Denver

amother

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 8:23 pm
Looking into the community in Denver, Hillel in particular. I have seen their website but it does not have so much on it.

Does anyone know the hashkafa of the school? I have heard yeshivish, but how yeshivish? How many children per grade? At what age do they separate boys and girls? Where do most kids (boys and girls) go on to from there?

Please tell me anything and everything! Thank you!!!!

shiffycc

Post Mon, Jan 14 2013, 10:24 pm
I can help you...how about you pm me?

KollelMommy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 6:40 pm
Hi, If you still want info abt Hillel, let me know. Have 2 kids there... Good luck with your decision!

sofaraway

Post Thu, Aug 08 2013, 11:23 pm
I think it is nice when these conversations continue on the forum as opposed to in private because then, others can use it for future references...

So! Who has anything to say about Hillel of Denver????

Superwife

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 1:24 am
Attended as a child. Not much to say cuz they probably changed everything since I was there many years ago...

AryehSimaRivka

Post Fri, Nov 08 2013, 12:16 am
I have two kids there and we have been pretty happy. In Denver it is considered yeshivish, but it really isn't so... They split boys and girls at second or third, depending on the size of the class. There are generally between 25 and 35 kids per grade. The younger grades, especially, are amazing!

westerner

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 5:05 pm
hi- grew up in Denver and went to Hillel. as well, my parents are still very involved in the school. Tried to stay involved w the community over the years even after moving, so I know a bit about the school. if we do end up moving back there (a possiblity for next year), it is where we would be sending our older son (despite us wanting only separate schools for our children- that is the only option in colorado!)
its definitely not yeshivish by NY standards (like a previous poster said- since its a smaller school, the split only happens at like second grade). but it is an out of town community, and fortunately or unfortunately, thats just how things had to work, logistically (read: financially). all the kollel kids go to school there. many of whom are FROM lakewood or brooklyn. just part of what happens when you live out of town. its a wonderful community school, with a very loving faculty, great rebbeim, and incredibly caring administration.
PM me if there are any specific questions you would like to ask, and ill answer them to the best of my ability, or get you in touch with one of the rebbeim/teachers who could do a better job answering than I can!
good luck. denver rocks!!

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 16 2015, 12:19 am
Contemplating a move to Denver, and looking for more up-to-date info on the schools. Specifically, can anybody tell me how much is full tuition at Hillel these days? And how are they about financial aid/scholarships? Also at BY and Toras Chaim if anybody knows.

And is the above info about Hillel still accurate? Have there been any major changes in the last few years?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Dec 12 2015, 6:10 pm
Us too.
We're originally a chassidic family, choosing a different speech and we're considering Denver.

How are job opportunities?
Is the community open minded and accepting?
What's the community like?
What's the school like?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 10:35 pm
Bump

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 11:44 pm
I dont live n Denver, but I just heard from a friend there that the Principal of Hillel day school is leaving at the end of this year. Apart from that, my friend is very happy with the school. She is Chabad if that makes any difference. But I believe that there is a wide variety of families there.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 3:20 am
It's been a few years since I had children at Hillel. Not involved with school anymore. It's a diverse student body, but no MO (they have their own school). The education is erratic. Secular is fairly weak, if that matters to you. Limudei Kodesh is better for girls, imo. The school feeds into BY and YTC, neither of which I would recommend. Sorry I can't be more encouraging...just our experience.

shaimac1

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 10:54 am
Hi! If you still have questions about the Denver community my good friend is from there and would love to help! If you would like to PM me I can get you more info! Also once you have the info please share it on this thread so that others can gain from it!

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 4:27 pm
changes are being made to the school where my daughter is currently a student. It sounds like it will be based off of Hillel in Denver. Are there any amothers who can describe to me what Hillel is like now? How does it compare with a Montessori school? a regular "cheder"?
Thanks so much!

amother
Green

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 4:47 pm
Are you sure that your school is being modeled after Hillel in Denver, and not after Hillel in Passaic, especially since you mentioned montessori? As I understand it, Hillel in Denver is just a fairly typical out-of-town right-wingish school, nothing landmark or revolutionary that another school would be copying or changing to emulate.

Hillel in Passaic is indeed very unique and somewhat montessori-like, and I could imagine another school wanting to be more like them.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 4:51 pm
the principal from Hillel Denver is becoming the principal at our current school. I actually used to send to Hillel in Passaic- at the least the preschool is definitely not Montessori.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 8:01 am
bump-anyone?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating