Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
No money in LA midwinter vacation

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 3:56 pm
What do you do with dc ages 10 to 16 in LA in midwinter vacation without spending much money????

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:01 pm
go to the beach? you can build sandcastles or collect seashells.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:16 pm
would your kids be interested in hiking? check this out--- http://www.discoverlosangeles......rails

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:31 pm
Op here
They want to go skiing in big bear. But it's so expensive.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 4:49 pm
Op here
Thanks for the advice. I think I can take the little ones to the beach and the hike.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 5:41 pm
borrow sleds from someone, and go sledding..

I am sure somewhere on the way to big bear there will be a snowy slope you can just sled down. Tell them someday, when things are more financially stable we will go skiing. If you can bring fire wood, find a place to make a fire and roast marshmellows and hotdogs.

I understand the not having financial means. My daughter has her week vacation now and my husband took his son and two of his friends on a vacation. It was not appropriate for my daughter (from a previous marraige) to tag along. I am working all week, and cannot afford to take off os I feel bad for her.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 10:44 pm
Op here.
I know this is so difficult. Especially if dc are used to do that stuff and now we can't because of financial problem that happened recently.

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 11:13 pm
well I thought I was making ok money..

Then this month, dead - and my co-workers complained that I was getting priority hours. Hello I was in training!! But they won, because they are the long term employees, and I am new. So I went from 30-35 hours to 15.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 21 2013, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
Op here.
I know this is so difficult. Especially if dc are used to do that stuff and now we can't because of financial problem that happened recently.

Is there a way for the kids to earn money? Maybe not the younger ones but the older ones can perhaps babysit or come up with creative ways of earning money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children