Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone use Tribeca Pediatrics?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 2:21 pm
My pediatrician just retired and I'm looking for a new one. Tibeca is opening an office on the LES in mid February, and I'd like to use them. Anyone know anything about them? Are their doctors good?

nyer1

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 2:49 pm
do you also live on the LES? love my pediatrician but it will be gr8 to have a doc on grand st... thinking of making the switch.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 2:58 pm
Yes, and I was looking forward to switching to them when they open, but now that my old doc retired, it has become urgent. I think I'll switch to their Warren St. location now and then switch here when they open.

My main concern is that their website boasts about their anti medicine outlook, even for bacterial infections. I'm not sure if all of their doctors believe in that, but their head doc, Dr. Cohen does. I am not comfortable with that, but if they're willing to medicate my kids when they have an ear infection or other infections, I'm glad to switch to them. But I am hoping to hear from someone who has used them.

nyer1

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 3:02 pm
someone on the LES that I spoke to said she heard good things. We use premier pediatrics on 25th and madison -- dr. price and I am BEYOND happy there. a lot of people use dr. begun in williamsburg and are very happy there too...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 23 2013, 3:59 pm
I used to use premier pediatrics. Dr. Price and Dr. Weinberger are great, and I hear that Dr. Julie is good too. I switched before Dr. Julie was there because of a different doctor who has since left the practice.

I use Dr. Begun when my regular pediatrician isn't available, but if I can use a local group, that would be great, since I don't drive.

I spoke to someone at Tribeca pediatrics a few minutes ago. They have introductory groups for new patients who are interested in joining, but the next available slot is in 3 weeks. I could schedule a private appointment, for $130. Or, they said, I can speak to a nurse, so I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back and tell me just how strict they are with their antibiotics. The guy on the phone confirmed that all the doctors there will give antibiotics only when absolutely necessary. The question is at what point is it considered necessary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics