Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Shaitel for a little girl

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 10:13 am
My friends daughter has alopecia, she asked me to belp find out where she can buy a really beautiful shaitel for her daughter, the two names that came up is Leile Chop and Clair Accuhair.

Does anyone have any experience with shaitels for kids? She had 2 different ones and both were not comfortable and the hair was not great at all.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 10:17 am
I just want to say that my daughter's schoolmate, a little girl in first or second grade, wears a beautiful sheitel that allows her to run around etc. (We're in Israel and I'm not close with the family, so I don't know what brand it is.)

cbsmommy

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 11:05 am
Have you contacted Chai Lifeline? It's a myth that they only help families who are dealing with cancer.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:12 pm
My friend did try calling Chai Lifeline and they told her they only deal with cancer patients. If you know anyone I can speak to I definitely give it a try

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:25 pm
I can't help you but I just wanted to say that my DD has been growing her hair for Chai Lifeline and it's almost ready to be cut. If you need dirty blond hair I'd be happy to donate it if that will help.

techiemom

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:34 pm
Locks of Love provides wigs to children in the United States and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. http://www.locksoflove.org/ although it might depend upon financial need, too.
I know a number of people (including my daughter) who have donated their hair to them.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:34 pm
Some links, at all price ranges:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&a.....h=692

Dini20

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:43 pm
Shuly's wigs are very lightweight & natural. She could check them out.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:46 pm
amother wrote:
My friend did try calling Chai Lifeline and they told her they only deal with cancer patients. If you know anyone I can speak to I definitely give it a try

I have a friend who needed brain surgery after a terrible car accident - and they provided a free sheital after her hair was shaved off. Maybe she could speak to someone else?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 1:46 pm
amother wrote:
My friend did try calling Chai Lifeline and they were nasty to her and told her they only deal with cancer patients. If you know anyone I can speak to I definitely give it a try

That is so terrible! I have a friend who needed brain surgery after a terrible car accident - and they provided a free sheital after her hair was shaved off. Maybe she could speak to someone else?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 3:18 pm
I have heard amazing things about Claire Accuhair. After much research, I'm actually saving up to get one for myself.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 3:28 pm
There is an organization called Keser Kavod, they provide hair pieces and funding for children and men with alpacia. Contact Rivky Eisenberg at 732-364-5510 or Estee Birnbaum at 732-901-0188. Hatzlacha!!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 4:28 pm
I worked at Claire for many years. We did numerous childrens wigs, both boys and girls. From anyone out there, I think she has the most experience with fittimg kids. Zichron shlomo senses most of their kids to them.

21young

Post Thu, Jan 24 2013, 5:08 pm
I don't know about wigs for kids, but my sister just got a band that you wear under the wig to keep it in place. She said it's incredibly comfortable, and it works like velcro so the wig doesn't move. Just a suggestion.

mirror

Post Fri, Jan 25 2013, 12:25 am
I have a friend whose daughter also has alopecia. She said the kids were very mean to her, even though she wore a sheitel.

I have to ask my friend, but she got her daughter treatment. She said the cause is an autoimmune disorder, and you have a limited amount of time to do the treatment before it becomes permanent.

I will ask her tomorrow (bli neder) what treatment she used.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 25 2013, 1:06 am
Thanks so much everyone for your responses, ill give my friend all the info I received here. I still would like to hear if anyone know about Lele Chop (if I spelled her name right) how her shaitels are for kids

cbsmommy

Post Fri, Jan 25 2013, 2:01 am
amother wrote:

Have her call back and speak to someone else.

If the person who was ignorant before tries to say something, she can remind that individual that the Chai Lifeline mission statement says that they help families "Withstand the crises and challenges of serious pediatric illness."

It does NOT say that they help families "withstand the crises and challenges of cancer".

I know FOR A FACT that they do NOT just "deal with cancer patients".

Eemaof3

Post Fri, Jan 25 2013, 5:49 am
Try Pantene Beautiful Hair as well. I have donated twice and my eldest dd once (though she is about ready now to donate again. Best of luck to your friend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics