Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
HELP! Blisters on tongue!

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 11:52 pm
My SD 2yr old got blisters on his tongue, I first noticed them at bedtime when he couldn't fall asleep. I took him out of bed and put him to sleep later when he was too tired to stay up any longer but he keeps crying in his sleep.
What can I do to get rid of it ASAP?!?!

githen03

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 12:05 am
It may be Coxsackie virus, a very common childhood disease. That is definitely one of the signs of Coxsackie - blisters in mouth, on hands and feet.

Learning

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 12:20 am
It may be lack of vitamins. He may need to eat more produce and take multivitamin .

Laughing Bag!

Post Tue, Jan 29 2013, 12:33 am
I have a feeling its plain 'ol blisters as I realized I have one of those annoying ones on my tongue I might have transmitted it to him by feeding him from my bowl of soup yesterday Sad
He doesn't have anything on any other part of his body. And about vitamins I do give him a multi but he didn't have it the past month as he wasn't home after the birth of our new baby. But I doubt its the reason though.

mommyof2boys

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:13 pm
A regular old cold sore/ blister shouldn't be painful enough to keep him up. I think its cocksackie. My family (including me!!) had it twice early this winter. It is extremely painful. For now give Motrin and Tylenol alternating so that there is never an hour where he doesn't have pain relief. Do this for stleast 48 hours. You'll notice tomorrow if he can't eat much. Cold foods like yogurt and freeze pops. Nothing acid or spicy or hard to chew. Take a flashlight and look at his throat. If they are back there too it will be painful to swallow. Lots of cold drinks Motrin and cuddles. It'll be a rough week let us know how he's feeling and what it ends up being!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:49 pm
Could be herpes.

Merrymom

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:23 pm
Herpes or cold sores are extremely painful for a baby and a toddler, the first time that they get it. If that's what it is you'll just have to give motrin and more motrin for a couple of days. Make sure that dc is getting plenty of liquid and buy them ice cream, chocolate milk, pureed soups, etc. so they'll get some nourishment that they can swallow.

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 1:18 am
The blisters are on the front-sides of his tongue only. It seems to flare up at night. During the day I barely see anything and he doesn't really complain either. His appetite is ok too which I thought is weird.
Tonight again at bedtime he complained and it seemed a bit worse than b4 but during the day I looked and didn't see a thing.
Im not giving him tylenol/mortin, he wasn't in that much pain it just kept him up but once distracted he acted fine. If it doesn't go away I guess ill go check it at the Dr.

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 1:58 am
Ok so by Friday morning he had no blisters but by Friday night DD (4yr old) had them all over her tongue. Idk what it was but Bh by Sunday it was gone but she isn't feeling well hasn't eaten all day and whatever she drank she vomited. Sad she had no fever until bedtime. Iyh going to Dr in the morning for well visit with the 2 little ones so the big one will join and Dr will check her I hope its just a passing virus or s/t.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 9:21 am
They should have a refuah shelaimah very soon, it's so hard to watch them in pain Crying

Laughing Bag!

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 11:14 pm
Amen! Seems like DD still has blisters either it enflamed tonight or came back. I hope she can go to school tomorrow because she cudnt fall asleep until 1030 when she was in bed at 7.
Dr says she should be fine as long as she drinks I don't have to make her eat cuz its more painful she did eat a bit this morning tho.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics