Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Synthetic wigs-are these to good to be true?
1  2  Next

real

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:40 am
Did anyone ever buy from this web site?

http://stores.ebay.com/qualityforless1

There seems to be a lot of different styles that I like. I Just wanted to know if anyone else liked them and if anyone bought from this site, was it a good experience?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 12:13 pm
synthetics keep you very hot, and don't stay nice for long - it's worse if they're long

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:06 pm
I've bought synthetics off of ebay. don't remember which sellers. check the reviews.

I find I like synthetics better than human hair wigs. they are somewhat warmer, but I don't find it bothersome. I find synthetics tend to last about a year. and I've gotten lots of compliments on mine, way more than on the human hair wigs.

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:10 pm
mummiedearest wrote:
I've bought synthetics off of ebay. don't remember which sellers. check the reviews.

I find I like synthetics better than human hair wigs. they are somewhat warmer, but I don't find it bothersome. I find synthetics tend to last about a year. and I've gotten lots of compliments on mine, way more than on the human hair wigs.

LOL me too. We know Dolly W loves them. I get more compliments on my Paula Youngs than I do on my very expensive human hair wigs.

real

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 2:59 pm
thnx for the info. I was just wondering if anyone tried out that store specifically because it seems like they cater to Jewish people .and they seem really inexpensive

abby1776

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 4:33 pm
Just me - I would have a hard time matching color online - so I wouldnt buy a wig online.

Faigy86

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 4:44 pm
If you do purchase one - please come back here and let us know.

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 5:24 pm
Honestly for $35....just get one. They do accept returns though.

My own thoughts are that the cut is not necessarily completely done and I wouldn't want to put money into a synthetic.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 9:06 am
IME long synthetic sheitels look very ratty after a short period of time. The short pre-cut pre-styled ones are great, but a long straight synthetic sheitel will only look nice the first couple of times you wear it. Maybe if you wore one exclusively as a ponytail, but otherwise I wuldn't spend trhe money.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 10:12 am
MamaBear wrote:
Honestly for $35....just get one. They do accept returns though.

My own thoughts are that the cut is not necessarily completely done and I wouldn't want to put money into a synthetic.

You can also go to Ye Olde Beauty Supply Shoppe.

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 10:33 am
Squishy wrote:
mummiedearest wrote:

LOL me too. We know Dolly W loves them. I get more compliments on my Paula Youngs than I do on my very expensive human hair wigs.

Me, too! I never had good luck with the more expensive human hair shaitels and gave them up long ago.

It's quite true that synthetics can get ratty -- at which point you throw them away! I figure that if I spent $2000 on a shaitel and put $350 a year maintenance into it over five years, I would have spent the equivalent of 40-45 wigs in the Paula Young style I like (which is by no means the cheapest!). That's 8 new wigs a year! Believe me, they don't get ratty that fast!

real

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 1:19 pm
I really like the curly one that is being advertised. It is only $36 and I can return it also If I have a problem. I think I am gonna buy it. I'll let you know how it comes out.! I am excited!!

questioner

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 1:49 pm
justcallmeima wrote:
IME long synthetic sheitels look very ratty after a short period of time. The short pre-cut pre-styled ones are great, but a long straight synthetic sheitel will only look nice the first couple of times you wear it. Maybe if you wore one exclusively as a ponytail, but otherwise I wuldn't spend trhe money.

Has anyone done this? Is it comfortable? Any recommendations? I would really love a cheap ponytail sheitel.

real

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 2:54 pm
it works. I have done it- it is a lot cheaper and since it is synthetic you can wash it yourself.
you can also buy clips to keep it in place
I have gotten more compliments on my fake wigs than on my real ones- my husband laughs about it
he doesn't want me to go back to real wigs because these I can change every few months

real

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 2:57 pm
mamabear,

these wigs are soo cheap and mostly styled so you can cut a little bit yourself if it needs cutting- it won't need a whole haircut and for that price what do you have to lose?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 3:54 pm
This is not one of my sources.

I have no idea.

You can't do much or even any styling of a synthetic wig. The style is baked in and if you cut, it just sits there sticking out. Well, I hesitate, some of them do tolerate a bangs trim. They do not respond to gel.

I do lay a wig on the table with the ends bent under to "set" it.

Some synthetics are much thicker haired than others; a thin haired one isn't hot. Longer hair will keep your neck hot on a hot day. You can put long hair in a clip to keep it off your neck.

I get mine from Vogue wigs website, and various overseas vendors on Light in the Box and other sites like that.

Paula Young is good, I hear.

I think one may be better off with synthetic than cheap human hair, but I don't know.

A synthetic gets less shiny with use. So don't get mad at a synthetic before washing it and throwing it around a little. It gets natural looking that way. You may not love it out of the package, but give it a chance by washing it. It's sanitary to wash them before wearing for a long time, anyway.

The shampoo comes from Wilshire wigs. They have nice wigs too. Yes, use the specialized shampoo and conditioner meant specifically for synthetics. You only need four or five drops of shampoo in cold water. You should see some suds but not tons. Rinse twice cold.

Watch out for the "permatease" feature unless you like a bit of bulk at the top, some fluffiness or puffiness.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Thu, Jan 31 2013, 4:09 pm; edited 5 times in total

ewa-jo

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 3:57 pm
I love synthetics!

My wigs are usually long-ish, so when the ends start to look ratty, I trim them a little. And then after that, I might wear it in a ponytail or bun.

IMO, totally worth it.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 4:13 pm
real wrote:
thnx for the info. I was just wondering if anyone tried out that store specifically because it seems like they cater to Jewish people .and they seem really inexpensive

It is well known in Asia that Jewish women like certain kinds of wigs, and also have certain issues with some kinds of human hair. That "kosher" reference just reflects that awareness. I have seen this before.

real

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 5:22 pm
thanx for all the info. I ordered the curly one and I'll let you know how it looks when I get it. It says it should ship out in 2 business days and it is sold from the United States so I should get it soon.

real

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 10:02 am
Very Happy I am soo happy I ordered from this store!!

I got the wig yesterday and it looked exactly like my hair. It had crazy fast shipping so I got it only a few days after I ordered it and the wig feels soo soft. It is also really comfortable and my husband thinks I look great in it shock I ususally don't get much of a response from him so this is definately a great wig. and it was soo cheap

I would totally recommend anyone that is looking for a real looking sheital to check out this store. I am soo happy right now Very Happy

stores.ebay.com/qualityforless1
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics