Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
How do blogs make money

INSPIREME

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 1:57 pm
I see many people are blogging as a way of making money. How does this work?

ewa-jo

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 2:53 pm
Usually, it's through affiliate marketing or through Google ads.

You sign up as an affiliate (say, for Amazon) and post links or ads on your blog for them and when people reading your blog click on the ads and buy, then you get paid. Also, Google will supply ads that run in a block at the end of your blog posts or on the side... same thing... the advertisers pay Google to bring them traffic and Google pays you part of that.... what I mean, is pennies, not dollars.

IMO, it's pennies here and pennies there... the money will add up over time, but it's certainly nothing substantial unless you have a huge blog following and your readers are the types who click on ads and buy online.

Creating a blog audience takes time and effort and you will need to continue to update your content and kep your audience's interest. They say that a blog should be about something you are passionate about, because it will be easier to find topics to discuss. But yeah, just randomly starting a blog about air conditioners or shampoos or hotels in Florida will not bring in the big bucks the first week.

Some people make money by selling ads directly (you will need to have a good-sized readership to convince someone to buy an ad on your blog, though)

A lot of people run a blog as part of an existing business... to bring in readers and direct the readers to their business website. This is the smartest way that blogging brings in money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media