Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Short of breath and racing heart

mother of boyz

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 10:56 pm
My ds (8) was complaining today that he's short of breath keeps taking deep breaths, and that 'something bothered him by his chest' I put my hand against his chest and felt his heart RACING
I got quite alarmed and took him to a neighbor who's a medic to check him out and he claims everything seems fine. Anyone? I'm still concerned!

aleza

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:03 pm
CALL. YOUR. DOCTOR. If you're very alarmed, call now. If less so, call in the morning. Do not take advice from us freaks.

mother of boyz

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:13 pm
Ill def call Tom morning, and his racing has slowed down so has his 'breathing' I don't think it's such an emergency was just concerned abt what it might have been

aleza

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:30 pm
mother of boyz wrote:
Ill def call Tom morning, and his racing has slowed down so has his 'breathing' I don't think it's such an emergency was just concerned abt what it might have been

OK, good luck!

mother of boyz

Post Wed, Jan 30 2013, 11:32 pm
Thank you!

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 11:52 am
panic attack

mother of boyz

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 7:23 pm
Yes it did sound like the classic panic attack to me too although if wasn't sudden he had a hard time with his breathing all day
I called my pediatrician who said as a one time occurrence I shouldn't worry. He's completely fine now bh

aleza

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 7:27 pm
mother of boyz wrote:
Yes it did sound like the classic panic attack to me too although if wasn't sudden he had a hard time with his breathing all day
I called my pediatrician who said as a one time occurrence I shouldn't worry. He's completely fine now bh

I'm glad to hear things are better!

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 7:28 pm
I hope it was a one-time thing. Was there a trigger?

I have a distinct memory of my heart racing and being dizzy/light-headed. It turns out I had gotten into my mother's secret stash of coffee beans (the slightly flattened chocolate treat) and eaten so many that my body reacted to the caffeine.

mother of boyz

Post Thu, Jan 31 2013, 7:40 pm
He happens to be a very anxious child but yesterday was one of the calmest days I had with him in a while , go figure!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics