Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Favorite Tilapia Recipe

Happy18

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:36 am
I have yet to find a great recipe for tilapia that isn't breaded or fried? Anyone have a good one that is not breaded or fried?

willow

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:39 am
Olive oil thin slices of fresh lemon, coarse salt coarse black pepper halved cherry tomatoes, thin slices purple onion and thinly sliced garlic. Bake healthy pretty and yum

SRD

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:43 am
In a frying pan melt butter or margarine (or use olive oil if you want to be healthier), sauté minced garlic, add dried basil and oregano (or italian seasoning). In a baking dish place talapia filets on top of lemon slices, pour butter/garlic mixture on top, and bake.

You can also just bake it on top of the lemon and place oil, garlic, and herbs on top and bake that way. I find roasting the garlic in a frying pan works better.

nyer1

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:47 am
I usually just lightly spray with olive oil, add spices and bake covered. (a mix of salt, pepper, garlic, oregano should do the trick, with a hint of lemon).

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:47 am
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1-2 Tblsp mustard
2-3 cloves garlic, minced

Mix ingredients together and spread over tilapia. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

saralea

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:08 am
Aisian Style Tilapia
Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper. bake 350 for 20 min.
Heat 1/2 cup soy sause in a pan and add a bunch of scallion cut into thirds. Cook for a few minutes.
Pour on top of tilapia and serve. easy and yum!

YW123

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:18 am
its work but worth it...I dice up onions, carrots, celery, peppers, etc and saute in drop of oil.when done, add a can of tomato sauce and spices, and a little sugar or sweetener. then I season the fillets with salt and pepper, put the fish down in a pan, pour the veggies and sauce over the fish and bake on 350 for about 30 min. yum!!!!

willow

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:58 am
Tilapia is a really easy fish. Almost anything will go with it simple salt pepper with splash of fresh lemon works

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:39 am
Pan seared tilapia is best! Make a paste of crushed garlic, olive oil, paprika, parsley flakes, kosher salt and black pepper. Then pan sear.
I can post the recipe if you're interested.

smss

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 10:56 am
ra_mom wrote:
Pan seared tilapia is best! Make a paste of crushed garlic, olive oil, paprika, parsley flakes, kosher salt and black pepper. Then pan sear.

could you, ra mom? thanks!
also, what do you serve it with?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 11:01 am
smss wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

could you, ra mom? thanks!
also, what do you serve it with?

I serve with soup or salad, and rice or pasta.

Pan Seared Tilapia

4 tilapia fillets
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt (use less if using regular table salt)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a small bowl, combine the garlic, paprika, parsley, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
Brush tops of tilapia very generously with half of the paste.
Lightly grease a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Place the tilapia, seasoned side down, into the hot skillet. Sear for about 7 minutes.
Brush the other side of the tilapia with the rest of the paste. Flip, and sear for 4 additional minutes.

browser

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 1:30 pm
I season with salt and pepper and lots of fresh parsley and dill. Put some olive oil and lemon juice on top and bake.

imeinu

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 8:40 pm
I put defrosted (or not so defrosted...)tilapia in a pan with frozen veggies on top and pour a salad dressing - creamy italian or a/t you like on top.
Bake in the oven till done.
Can also be done on stove top if in a hurry.
Comes out melt in your mouth!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics