Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My son has gender disorder....
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:01 pm
[quote="Dolly Welsh"]

Quote:
This post of mine got six "likes". I hope it helped OP.

My post to theoneandonly to marry Clarissa received 4 likes. I hope this helps her. theoneandonly do you want me to help arrange the wedding?

Also Barbara's spot on critique of your post received 6 likes. Hmmm...I guess you come out even. Maybe another round?
Quote:

It addresses the OP's specific, anguished, situation. Generalizations about gender identity philosophy, based on how happy everybody else is with their fine, adjusted children, is OT and thread-jacking. The OP is a specific person with a child she is in tears about. So she's not having as good a time as you are. Whatever you think about wishing your sons were more girlie, she isn't thinking that about this particular child. She sees him every day, you don't, and you are not likely to change her views about this particular child. You have expelled her from your club and told her to straighten out and adjust her silly gender prejudices. Is that nice?

The drama is from you. She was worried and wanted to know if it was a problem. It is not.
Quote:
And it wasn't just one of you. It went on for pages, the forgotten OP sniffling in a corner.

OP sniffling in the corner? Right.

Quote:
My wing is no righter than anybody's.

Bird or insect or bat? Be careful around Gamzu, she's a cat. Gamzu please promise not to make Dolly dinner.

Quote:
I am old, and late life BT, and have nothing to learn from you about all these issues.

Yes, I have specific life successes to point to, to prove that I know what I am talking about, but that's too personal to share on the internet.

Not worthy

Quote:
PS I bet you don't wish your husbands were more girlie. You probably draw the line there.

More giirlie? As in being an equal partner and not thinking they are superior because of their "schlong" as Barbara put it? Rolling Eyes

sequoia

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:02 pm
Come on, Dolly, you are not the only "old" person on this forum. Everyone has their extensive life experience, everyone brings their own perspective.

If you want to be taken seriously, why don't you try using less inflammatory language.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:03 pm
GAMZu wrote:
Quote:
Giving the type of deference that you suggest to a 6 year-old simply because he has a p3nis is idiotic.

Quote:
Unless Mom is teaching him how to insert a tampon, then your comments are ridiculous.

Barbara, will you marry me?

GAMZU how many women do you want? Leave some for someone else.

Fox

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:10 pm
HindaRochel wrote:

You know, I'd noticed that she seems to have some fidelity and/or commitment issues. Clarissa, Marina, and now Barbara . . . have I left anyone out?

Do you think it's because she's Mexican, a therapist, a lesbi, or a kitten? I've always said that kittens are bad news when it comes to relationships.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:17 pm
Fox wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

You know, I'd noticed that she seems to have some fidelity and/or commitment issues. Clarissa, Marina, and now Barbara . . . have I left anyone out?

Do you think it's because she's Mexican, a therapist, a lesbi, or a kitten? I've always said that kittens are bad news when it comes to relationships.

Maybe she played with too many Barbie dolls? IDK. I think the cat thing has something to do with it. I'd ask Dolly to analyze her but then Dolly, who apparently is some sort of winged creature, might get eaten.

I'm still trying to become a dragon. Dragon's are cool! Someone please text me and ask if I'm one so I can transform already!

Barbara

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:20 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
You had a baby girl "at last" so being a girl is a high value thing in your house.

Don't venerate or over-princess your daughter in his presence. Out of it, sure.

Have his father spend real, good, quality time with him, just him alone. He needs to feel he is in the boys' club in his house, that he has a solid membership in it, with his father's explicit backing.

Watch out that his brothers are not excluding him from the boys' club.

Do NOT ask him to help you with the baby, fetch something for her care from across the room, carry stuff for you, or in any way ask for little helps and favors that you would not ask from the toughest of your other sons, or anybody's sons, or a rabbi. In fact, be extra careful with this one. Those little sweet help requests are not appropriate with boys, especially this one. All flames about this will be ignored. You must treat him like a superior, in one sense. Not like a servant. Your daughter will help you shlep and prep. Not your sons. Repeat, all flames will be ignored.

Do NOT take him, or any son, with you into a wig salon or manicure salon, or other cooties-laden places. I don't care if that creates babysitting problems for you and you look a mess.

In fact, look a mess a little. This remark is just for this household. Being female, in this house, should just be a fact of normal life, DEFINITELY NOT a ticket to stardom, glossy gorgeousness, and high value royal rank.

Any human being would obviously want whatever is prestigious and high value, the path to royal status.

Particularly if he feels like the low man on totem pole among the males.

He must have his rank raised in your house. He needs to be given special attention by your husband, in that way.

His brothers must not make him a little nothing servant boy who shleps the bags.
If they do that, and you are petting the girl, well, sure, who wouldn't want to go over to the girls' side. It becomes all that's left for him to do.

Re read the Joseph story. He ended up a great Tzaddik.

This post of mine got six "likes". I hope it helped OP.

It addresses the OP's specific, anguished, situation. Generalizations about gender identity philosophy, based on how happy everybody else is with their fine, adjusted children, is OT and thread-jacking. The OP is a specific person with a child she is in tears about. So she's not having as good a time as you are. Whatever you think about wishing your sons were more girlie, she isn't thinking that about this particular child. She sees him every day, you don't, and you are not likely to change her views about this particular child. You have expelled her from your club and told her to straighten out and adjust her silly gender prejudices. Is that nice?

And it wasn't just one of you. It went on for pages, the forgotten OP sniffling in a corner.

My wing is no righter than anybody's.

I am old, and late life BT, and have nothing to learn from you about all these issues.

Yes, I have specific life successes to point to, to prove that I know what I am talking about, but that's too personal to share on the internet.

PS I bet you don't wish your husbands were more girlie. You probably draw the line there.

OP wasn't anguished. She wasn't in tears. She didn't have gender concerns. She wasn't sniffling in the corner. She was content at present, but had some concerns about the future. Everyone except you reassured you that her son's activities were well within accepted norms. She responded

Quote:
Op here, thanks to everyone. It normalises the what I am going through when I here your situations.

We're so glad to hear that you have specific life successes in teaching boys that they are to be deferred to solely by dint of their gender. How's that working out for their wives?

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:26 pm
Thank you for your concern. When I used the word "success" I meant complete success, so that is all ok.

I am glad you pointed out that OP feels that her concerns have been addressed here.

I still got six "likes". I hope what I wrote may be of use to somebody somewhere.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:31 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Thank you for your concern. When I used the word "success" I meant complete success, so that is all ok.

I am glad you pointed out that OP feels that her concerns have been addressed here.

I still got six "likes". I hope what I wrote may be of use to somebody somewhere.
Right, but think what it would be if there was a "dislike" button???

sequoia

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:31 pm
Okay, my post comparing modern Orthodoxy to oral zex got 28 likes. So what????!!!! Who cares?!

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:36 pm
sequoia wrote:
Okay, my post comparing modern Orthodoxy to oral zex got 28 likes. So what????!!!! Who cares?!

Well my highest score (on this thread) was 27, so I think that means you won, and we all have to do what you want for a week or something. Maybe you get chocolate bars.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:44 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:
GAMZu you are asserting that there are just Parents, not moms or pops.

I used to get spam mail addressed to "Dear Occupant" whoever or whatever you are. Is it like that?

How would we sing "Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda"?

How is a kid supposed to wake up in the night and yell "Paaaaaarennttttt!"

It's two syllables. Will never catch on.

My son actually wakes up in middle of the night and cries for "Daaaddy!!!" What does that say about our parenting roles? Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, this is obviously not acceptable behavior. Extreme forms of reorientation of proper parental roles is called for. Marry Clarissa. Or Gamzu.

But I'm not mushy!! Do you think hanging out with them will make me catch the gayz and become lesbi enough to marry one of them?

EmesOrNT

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:48 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
sequoia wrote:

Well my highest score (on this thread) was 27, so I think that means you won, and we all have to do what you want for a week or something. Maybe you get chocolate bars.

I got 32 for having low self esteem. I wish I knew where that left me.

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 1:50 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:

I used to get spam mail addressed to "Dear Occupant" whoever or whatever you are. Is it like that?

My son actually wakes up in middle of the night and cries for "Daaaddy!!!" What does that say about our parenting roles? Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry, this is obviously not acceptable behavior. Extreme forms of reorientation of proper parental roles is called for. Marry Clarissa. Or Gamzu.

But I'm not mushy!! Do you think hanging out with them will make me catch the gayz and become lesbi enough to marry one of them?

Oh absolutely. And you must do it you know, you must do it for the sake of your son. He is calling out for daddy. If you marry Gamzu or Clarissa then he will be yellling MOMMY no matter what and will properly understand gender roles.

wif

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:00 pm
And this is when the internet makes me sad.

Because no one is this mean or catty in real life.

At least no one I know...or care to know.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:00 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:

Oh absolutely. And you must do it you know, you must do it for the sake of your son. He is calling out for daddy. If you marry Gamzu or Clarissa then he will be yellling MOMMY no matter what and will properly understand gender roles.

But how would our household work? No one would be able to change lightbulbs or fix broken things or kill bugs or do any other "Daddy" things. Are we destined to live in a dark, run-down, bug-infested apartment? Wow, what mesiras nefesh we have to teach our children proper gender roles...

Btw, HindaRochel, are you a dragon? Wink

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:05 pm
theoneandonly wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
theoneandonly wrote:
Dolly Welsh wrote:

But how would our household work? No one would be able to change lightbulbs or fix broken things or kill bugs or do any other "Daddy" things. Are we destined to live in a dark, run-down, bug-infested apartment? Wow, what mesiras nefesh we have to teach our children proper gender roles...

Btw, HindaRochel, are you a dragon? Wink

Now I am. LOL Purple with a touch of mother-of-pearl under the wings.

Barbara

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:06 pm
HindaRochel wrote:
Fox wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

Maybe she played with too many Barbie dolls? IDK. I think the cat thing has something to do with it. I'd ask Dolly to analyze her but then Dolly, who apparently is some sort of winged creature, might get eaten.

I'm still trying to become a dragon. Dragon's are cool! Someone please text me and ask if I'm one so I can transform already!

I'm allergic to cats.

I love dragons. Will you marry me?

HindaRochel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:08 pm
Barbara wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:
Fox wrote:
HindaRochel wrote:

I'm allergic to cats.

I love dragons. Will you marry me?

Oh wow, I am so honored. My first proposal! I morph so sometimes I am human. Should I come as dragon or human to the wedding?

b from nj

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:11 pm
Looks like the shidduch crisis is being solved right here on imamother LOL !!!!

Barbara

Post Thu, Feb 07 2013, 2:22 pm
wif wrote:
And this is when the internet makes me sad.

Because no one is this mean or catty in real life.

At least no one I know...or care to know.

We're responding to a real live person (the OP) who has a real live son, about whom she is concerned. The manner in which she reacts to him may affect his entire life, and how he sees himself. So yes, I am going to respond to someone who proffers advice that in the long run is likely to harm this very real child.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics