Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
What is the city mini MICRO?

shiffycc

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 10:54 pm
My friend found a city mini micro on clearance for $50. I need to decide if I should pay her for it or return it. I have a 3 year old and a preemie (still in hospital). I really wanted to get a city mini double, but can't afford it. And anyway, dd(3yrs) doesnt need much of a stroller. So then I thought maybe I would get a single city mini. And now my friend found the micro. Does anybody know anything about it? What is the difference between the micro and the mini? Money is very tight, so its a big deal to me. (Also, if I am honest, I have a bit of a stroller fixation...)

September June

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:03 pm
Grab it!

Basically the same as the city mini but with less bells and whistles. I know s/o who has it and is happy with it. It's a good, basic stroller.

gp2.0

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:04 pm
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....29230

September June

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:07 pm
City Mini Micro

Last edited by September June on Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

spring13

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:08 pm
The City Micro is an umbrella-like version of the City Mini that was discontinued. It's very similar, but doesn't recline fully and has smaller wheels, so it's lighter. I have a friend who got the double and liked it a lot. You'd need a carseat adapter to use it for your baby, since the seats don't recline all the way.

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:31 pm
used to be the micro didn't have any laying position so wasn't good for newborns. now Target has their exclusive version that does recline. if the carriage your friend got reclines then its perfect.

shiffycc

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:33 pm
Well, she found it at target so maybe im in luck! Bnm, How do you know this?

bnm

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 11:53 pm
http://www.strollerqueen.com/

she wrote about it in November

shiffycc

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 12:04 am
bnm wrote:
http://www.strollerqueen.com/

she wrote about it in November

Ahhhh...you have informants Smile

I think what's bothing be about it is this:
am I going to feel like I have a good quality stroller like when im walking far on shabbos etc? Or is this more like just an expensive umbrella stroller? I am the type tht would really like an uppababy, mountain buggy or BOB, but its just not in the cards right now.

catonmylap

Post Wed, Feb 06 2013, 2:35 am
From what I read, the wheels are smaller than the city mini..

it's a real bargain at $50. I sent my father to target to look for one but he had no luck. He did see a sit and stand or whatever its called (that probably would have been good for you). Some people even found it for $25 at Target. I'd keep it if money is tight, or you could try to resell it for more, and then buy yourself what you want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics