Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Bottoms Cooking Ideas and Recipes
1  2  Next

acemom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:06 pm
I would like to get some fresh ideas of how to cook chicken bottoms. Basically, that is the only part DH eats but I am getting bored of the way I prepare them.
I need stovetop recipes or those that would work with a George Foreman Grill. No exotic ingredients please.

Thanks in advance everyone.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 8:00 pm
Fried chicken
Spiced chicken
Honey soy
Ketchup honey
Duck sauce
Sesame chicken
Honey mustard
Curried chicken
Marinara
Mushroom sauce

acemom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 8:23 pm
Thanks for the reply ra_mom!
Do you mind posting recipes or providing me with links to the "names" on your list?

sarlal

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 10:11 pm
-cook in pot with rice, lemon, cilantro (can buy kosher pre-checked frozen cubes), peas, ginger (also can buy frozen cubes), chicken soup mix and water --c very different and really really good!! top with cashews before serving
-can make into stir fry -- YUM!!
-pour duck sauce and canned pineapple ontop -- easy and tastes like you slaved in the kitchen to prepare it
-roast in oven in large pan with olive oil/safflower oil, zucchini, onions, yams, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes and garlic powder, curry powder, paprika. it is amaaaaazing and is a whole meal!!
-make soup!! -- cabbage, potatoes, lemon juice, sugar, tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, garlic, chicken -- a meal in a pot!!
-terrific soup: chicken, corn nibblets, crushed or diced tomatoes, canned lima beans or garbanzo beans (chick peas), diced yellow or orange pepper, onion, cilantro, worcester sauce, wine if desired -- also a meal in a pot!!
-lemon and salt
-flavored panko crumbs by emeril
-italian dressing packet with breadcrumbs
-honey, melted margarine and mustard (works surprisingly best wuth plain old yellow mustard)
-grill, shred and make wraps with letuce, tomatoes, onions, mayo and grey poupon mustard!!
-grey poupon mustard, mayo and french fried onions
-apricot preserves, cayenne pepper, russian dressing
-roast in pan with olive oil, onion soup mix, paprika, potatoes, onions

acemom

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 10:20 pm
Thanks Sarlal you were REALLY helpful! I will surely try some of these very soon!

checkbefore

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 10:28 am
Do you mean only bone-in bottoms? What about boneless?

birdy

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 1:07 pm
-remove skin, put mayonaisse & breadcrumbs
-mix water with paprika, salt, garlic powder, black pepper; pour over chicken bottoms, spread some duck sauce over it, sprinkle some more paprika and bake on 350 for 5 hrs, yummy!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 1:09 pm
5 hours?!?!

birdy

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 1:27 pm
yup! I usually put it in the oven Friday morning and let it bake 4-5 hours on 350, then leave it on low temp till Shabbos to keep warm. It gets really tasty and soft

ra_mom

Post Tue, Feb 12 2013, 6:36 pm
Acemom, make chicken as you usually do. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder. Brown. Add water and cook halfway. Then add sauce and continue cooking:
Honey soy: 3/4 honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce
Honey mustard: 1/3 cup honey, 1/3 cup mustard, 1/3 cup brown sugar
Marinara: bought
Duck sauce: bought
1/2 cup ketchup, 1/2 cup honey
Sesame: 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup duck sauce, sesame seeds
Chicken curry: do a search here from kbd
Mushroom sauce: no fail mushroom sauce
Fried chicken: there are many recipes online, I can post the one from spice and spirit if you need
Spiced: uses lots of paprika, onion, garlic, salt pepper

red_velvet

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 12:34 pm
Anyone have a good recipe that uses tomato sauce?

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 2:19 pm
Once this thread is bumped, ra_mom, can I ask you for your no fail mushroom sauce recipe? And how do you cook it with the chicken (time, method)?
Thanks!

I tried one of your other chicken recipes (chicken with spices on top of onions and potatoes, cooked in the oven) and it was absolutely delicious, thanks!

CatLady

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 3:53 pm
Quote:

Sure! Brown the chicken in olive oil, then remove the chicken and add in chunks of onion, zucchini, mushrooms and green or red pepper and saute them for 2-3 minutes. Add as much crushed garlic as you think appropriate, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a small glass of red wine to deglaze the pan. (If you have leftover wine, that is. If not, H2O works just fine.) Then add the chicken back to the pan along with the tomato sauce and a healthy pinch of dried oregano. Simmer till the chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve with short pasta such as macaroni or penne, or over a bed of polenta.

(ETA that I love your screen name, red velvet!)

wife2

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 5:25 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Sesame: 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, 1/2 cup duck sauce, sesame seeds

I always thought sesame was with soy sauce? teriyaki is the right sauce for the taste of sesame?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 6:02 pm
wife2 wrote:
I always thought sesame was with soy sauce? teriyaki is the right sauce for the taste of sesame?
Teriyaki sauce is seasoned soy sauce - garlic, sugar, etc. It is also often thickened.
I love sesame seeds with sweet and salty teriyaki.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 6:09 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Once this thread is bumped, ra_mom, can I ask you for your no fail mushroom sauce recipe? And how do you cook it with the chicken (time, method)?
Thanks!

I tried one of your other chicken recipes (chicken with spices on top of onions and potatoes, cooked in the oven) and it was absolutely delicious, thanks!

Thanks allthingsblue!
Sorry, looks like I gave the wrong keywords, it's actually under mushroom sauce for dummies.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....sauce
You can pour the mushroom sauce over the chicken and bakeat 350 for 1 hour covered + half hour uncovered.

red_velvet

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:13 pm
CatLady wrote:
Quote:

Sure! Brown the chicken in olive oil, then remove the chicken and add in chunks of onion, zucchini, mushrooms and green or red pepper and saute them for 2-3 minutes. Add as much crushed garlic as you think appropriate, a pinch of red pepper flakes and a small glass of red wine to deglaze the pan. (If you have leftover wine, that is. If not, H2O works just fine.) Then add the chicken back to the pan along with the tomato sauce and a healthy pinch of dried oregano. Simmer till the chicken is tender and cooked through. Serve with short pasta such as macaroni or penne, or over a bed of polenta.

(ETA that I love your screen name, red velvet!)

Sounds so good, can't wait to try it- thanks!

Oh and I love my sn too thanks Cool

BHYY

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 11:35 pm
ra_mom: what is the recipe with the chicken on top of potatoes?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 12:23 am
clintonhillhq wrote:
ra_mom: what is the recipe with the chicken on top of potatoes?
I'm sorry, I am not sure which recipe allthingsblue is referring to Smile
allthingsblue, can you weigh in here?

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 10:15 am
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....arlic

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+bone

The top link is for the recipe, the bottom link is to ra_mom's instructions on how to cook it in the oven (as opposed to stove top/ crockpot)

I don't think the recipe mentions potatoes, but I sliced them in rounds and put them on bottom together with the onions, and it was delicious! Thanks again Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey