Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Who is Reb. Yemima Mizrachi?

oohlala

Post Sat, Feb 23 2013, 11:21 pm
I've never heard of her until a few weeks ago, when I started seeing her name in ads for weekends and speeches in the NY area. (where I live). Who is she? What is her background/what is she affiliated with? What is your impression of her style?
thanks.

shabri

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 12:24 am
She is Israeli. She speaks in Hebrew and English. Very good. Fun to listen to and learn from. You should go.

Isramom8

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 1:47 pm
Her style is emotional, sweet, woman-to-woman.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 3:17 pm
I LOVE Rabbanit Yemima! She's smart, warm, funny and very spiritual. It's hard to pin down who she's affiliated with. Her father is Swiss and her mother is Sfardi. She married a Morrocan, I think and I believe she is affiliated with Breslov. She was a lawyer before she became a "mega superstar" Rabbanit whom everyone flocks to. She quotes sources left, right and center but her style is not "brainy". Some people prefer the more cerebral approach to learning. Not her. She's very, very emotional and she appeals to your emotion. I recommended hearing her to a friend of mine in the U.S. and she really did not enjoy her. Then again, my friend is the very cerebral type when it comes to Torah learning, kwim?
I am a very big fan of Yemima. Her classes always give me the warm and fuzzies. And lots of laughs. One of my favorite things about her is that she doesn't take herself too seriously!

curlyhead

Post Sun, Feb 24 2013, 6:26 pm
Only heard of her from Chana Weisberg's books and blog.

Learning

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 6:32 pm
I didn't realize it's an old thread.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics