Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Pre-paid cellphone

sarahd

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:38 am
We would like to have a cellphone while we're in the US. Last time I asked, about five years ago, a prepaid cellphone cost a ridiculously exorbitant amount of money and was valid for a very short time. Have things changed? Can I buy a SIM card that I can put into my European cellphone, or do I have to buy a phone in the US? How much will it cost?

Anyone know of stores that I can call for information?

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:44 am
I think you can buy a sim card in a store like t mobile but very few companies here sell sim cards.

Here you buy a phone for a crazy cost and then pay a certain amount for the month if prepaid or a contract

notshanarishona

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:46 am
I got an ATT pre paid sim for $2 a day/ $50 a month. It works great. Only down side is they only ship to a US address so you can't get it before you arrive. I used it with my unlocked phone from Israel without a problem.

happybeingamom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:59 am
http://www.tracfone.com/

Check out the info there.

If you can get hold of a verizon phone use http://www.pagepluscellular.com/

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 12:00 pm
chocolate chips wrote:
I think you can buy a sim card in a store like t mobile but very few companies here sell sim cards.

Here you buy a phone for a crazy cost and then pay a certain amount for the month if prepaid or a contract

Really? My experience has been that almost all companies (excluding Verizon) have sim cards. So long as your phone is unlocked, you can buy a sim from any company that offers prepaid plans. T mobile and simple mobile have good service in NY, and both have some affordable prepaid plans.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 12:02 pm
Oh, and it may be easier for you to buy a sim on eBay once you decide on a network. They're usually cheaper than buying in a store, and you can have it shipped to you now so its ready to go when you arrive here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries