Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
High Chair
1  2  Next

coffee girl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 5:35 pm
I am buying a high chair for my little princess.

I would like something easy to clean, stylish and on wheels (and preferably with a decent price tag as well!).

Which would you recommend and why?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 5:37 pm
Boon! It is awesome. Read reviews on amazon.

Laughing Bag!

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:31 pm
The traditional prince castle style.
Its small, easy to clean, and moves around easyly.

coffee girl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:45 pm
Laughing Bag! wrote:

I really don't like the look of it.... definitely not what I would categorize as stylish

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:48 pm
The boon has wheels?

mommy of boys

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:53 pm
chicco poly folding high chair

it's a bit on the big side so you cant be living in a shoe box, but otherwise it's the best there is!

it folds pretty small,

has 3 reclining positions, so you you put a really small baby in there- it's out of reach from all other kids but safe from from falling of the table etc.

has 2 extra tray covers that I use for fleishig/milchig

has a place to store the tray when not in use

has a few height levels and a few footrest levels

has a poly washable seat cover

has locks on the wheels so it can stay in place

cost abit over $100 I think on e-bay its $125

I LOVE this high chair as you can tell! its so far lasting through my 3rd son- and we abuse it!

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 6:58 pm
coffee girl wrote:
Laughing Bag! wrote:

I really don't like the look of it.... definitely not what I would categorize as stylish

It may not be the most stylish but I have to say its probably the easiest to clean and last great
I have it for a few kids already and its still in perfect condition like brand new

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:01 pm
Just want to add that when I bought it I got it in gray and it looks nicer than the white and is more practical maybe see if it's still available and if you like the way it looks in gray better

coffee girl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:11 pm
mommy of boys wrote:

it's a bit on the big side so you cant be living in a shoe box, but otherwise it's the best there is!

it folds pretty small,

has 3 reclining positions, so you you put a really small baby in there- it's out of reach from all other kids but safe from from falling of the table etc.

I LOVE this high chair as you can tell! its so far lasting through my 3rd son- and we abuse it!

Sounds like you're really happy with it - I'm going to look it up

coffee girl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:12 pm
mommyfrombrooklyn wrote:
coffee girl wrote:
Laughing Bag! wrote:

It may not be the most stylish but I have to say its probably the easiest to clean and last great
I have it for a few kids already and its still in perfect condition like brand new

I've been told by many that it's easy to clean... but as I wrote in my OP, stylish is important to me

acccdac

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:18 pm
mommy of boys wrote:

it folds pretty small,

maybe it was the model I had so "mommy of boys" correct me if I'm wrong,

the T-bar is attached to the tray. Personally that was a total turn off for me cause when I would detach the tray and place it on my table it would wobble and sometimes get the table dirty since it wouldnt just lay on the table

acccdac

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:19 pm
Laughing Bag! wrote:

sorry I'm a bit confused, excuse my ignorance but what does "the traditional prince castle style" mean?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The boon has wheels?

Yes, which my ds enjoys immensely when he zooms the (empty) high chair down the hallway. It has a brake as well.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:26 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
The boon has wheels?

Yes, which my ds enjoys immensely when he zooms the (empty) high chair down the hallway. It has a brake as well.
I assume its not very compact? How large is it?
And it is $230 all over?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
ra_mom wrote:
The boon has wheels?

I assume its not very compact? How large is it?
And it is $230 all over?

The base, which is the largest part, is 2 feet by 2 feet. So imagine it taking up four squares of ugly linoleum. I bought it for 180 on Amazon a few years ago. I'm not sure where you can find it for a good price these days.

coffee girl

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:34 pm
acccdac wrote:
mommy of boys wrote:

it folds pretty small,

the T-bar is attached to the tray. Personally that was a total turn off for me cause when I would detach the tray and place it on my table it would wobble and sometimes get the table dirty since it wouldnt just lay on the table

mommyofboys, is this the one accdac is referring to? Because I can see that being very annoying....

mommy of boys

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:42 pm
coffee girl wrote:
acccdac wrote:
mommy of boys wrote:

it folds pretty small,

mommyofboys, is this the one accdac is referring to? Because I can see that being very annoying....

yes it does have a bar for between the feet that keeps them from falling out but why would you put your tray on the table?

honestly I never really open it all the way to take him out of the seat cuz it has a few adjustments for closing so I open it a bit loser without actually removing the tray from the chair.
If I do take off the tray there are hooks behind the seat to keep the tray in place on the back.
(I only found this out after someone showed it to me so check yours too!)
It's hard to explain all this without showing it to you but if you look it up I'm sure you can see it somewhere before you buy it

mfb

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:47 pm
acccdac wrote:
Laughing Bag! wrote:

sorry I'm a bit confused, excuse my ignorance but what does "the traditional prince castle style" mean?

This link will show you what it looks like its an old but good style http://www.krippa.com/prince-c.....view/

chatouli

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 7:58 pm
The Chicco Polly high chair with the hooks for the tray was recalled. There were children who tripped and fell near the chair and hurt their eyes on the hooks. They were at a dangerous level. They sent a cover for the hooks that can't be removed. Now it may be safer but my tray is in the way!!! And I agree that it is very annoying that the tray can't be set down properly.

I also find the chair very hard to clean. I think I will have to hose it down for pesach Smile

mommy of boys

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 8:03 pm
I actually never ordered the hook covers cuz I keep my chair against the wall and no-one usuallt goes near there. I also dont use the hooks either cuz I leave the tray on the chair all the time.

I'm curious to know when you find the need to keep the tray off the chair and on a table?

ps I will NOT be getting any commission if you do decide to buy ths highchair Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics