Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Wine recommendation

miami85

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 11:59 pm
My family are not wine drinkers. Last year we used the wine "Farbrengen Melody" but the source we got it from doesnt have it. Can anyone recommend something similar--low alcohol, easy on stomach? Not big fans of Concord Kal. TIA

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 12:13 am
Maybe this website could be of use? I think they may have the wine you mentioned.

http://www.kosherwineusa.com/?.....AcAKA

Raisin

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 5:21 am
most people love barternura moscato. Its a white slightly fizzy wine, low alcohol. There is a also a similar rose wine from the same company. (my kids love it!)

Sorry, not familiar with farbrengen melody.

Buy a few bottles and try them out over the next few shabbosim.

theoneandonly

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 5:34 am
Kedem has other low alcohol content wines besides for Concord Kal that are lighter and easier to drink. I think Cream Rose might have been one of them. Rashi brand wines are also pretty light but they are mevushal, which some people don't use by the sedarim.

yamz

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 9:05 am
Rashi makes a very light red wine called Joyvin. It's fairly low alcohol for a wine, 6%. It comes in white too.

STovah

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 2:45 pm
I second the red Joyvin recommendation. It's very easy to drink and lower alcohol. It's not sold in non-mevushal bottles (as far as I know) but it's (in my opinion) much easier to drink than any of the Kedem low alcohol or cream/classic kiddush wines.

bbmom

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 4:13 pm
Try jwines.com. They have a great selection, good prices and excellent customer service. They have a live chat and are super helpful in helping you choose your wine.

little_mage

Post Fri, Mar 01 2013, 4:59 pm
Just wanted to point out that Joyvin, while tasty (we're fans too) is sparkling, which is sometimes less comfy in the stomach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics