Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
What is the nicest thing a guest did for u?
Previous  1  2

yalimommy

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 2:51 pm
Whenever they come to us for Shabbat, my newly-married cousin's husband walks into the kitchen after each seudah, (as I am cleaning up), wearing his coat, and very sweetly asks me, "Can I please take out the garbage for you?", as if I would be granting him something special if I allowed him to.
He also makes sure to tell me how delicious the food was after each meal.
A very well-brought-up young man!
I need to commend his mother!!!

Tamiri

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 3:20 pm
We had the most delightful young man as a guest for this Shabbat, I could not ask for more! My son brought him home with him from Yeshivat Shalabim. The guy walked in the door, handed my DH a bottle of wine and asked if he could help set the table! Later, he asked if he could help serve and clear and even offered to do the dishes. He was able to deal with our 9 yo who was acting out a bit, and they became friends - DS even gave our guest the candies from shul! You really can't ask for more from a guest besides: fit right in like one of the family!

He was personable the whole Shabbat, and was open to discussion etc.

I wish I knew his parents to tell them what a great job they've done.

abound

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 3:27 pm
Washed all my dishes after the meal, we were 11 people. She said she never leaves a home after a Shabbos meal until everything is cleaned up and put away completely.
She is a sem girl in Israel.

ButterflyGarden

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 3:41 pm
Really? Send her to me!! LOL

Miri1

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 8:18 pm
m in Israel wrote:
I agree with that. There are a lot of different opinions on what to do with the linen -- I think a good guest should ask. Personally I prefer that they don't strip the beds because then I feel pressure to wash the linen right away or the room looks so messy with a pile of dirty linen. Often I prefer to wash it later in the week and would like the room to look presentable in the meantime. If you ask, you won't go wrong.

A host could get self conscious if her not so white pillows and blankets are exposed.

pobody's nerfect

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 10:20 pm
when I was newly married we let 2 of my DHs friends stay in our apartment when we went away for shabbos. they mopped my (very dirty) floor, washed the pile of dishes in the sink, and left us a kokosh cake (one of them worked in a bakery)! they also 'borrowed' a bottle of wine to give to their meal hosts and 'forgot' to tell us for a few months, but hey- I really appreciated the help!

another yeshiva guy who we hosted for many many meals once washed all my dishes after a yom tov meal when I complained I was so tired!

whenever guys help out I tell them it's a good idea, cuz now I'll have something positive to say if I get called about a shidduch for them.

cbg

Post Sat, Jan 11 2014, 11:21 pm
A bunch of high school girls ate over shabbos night, they cleaned up and washed all the dishes.
One RH we had a table full of guests, one of the guest asked her mom to entertain me during dessert. Mean while she went to the kitchen and washed all my dishes. I didn't know she did this until all the guest left, and I walked into a clean kitchen. All the food was neatly put away. The dishes were washed dried and stacked neatly on the counter. It was quite late when we finished and I was so tired, I really appreciated that she did this for me. I was able to get a good night sleep to get to shul early.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 12 2014, 12:25 am
We regularly have the same chevra of yeshiva guys, one works in a chocolate factory and will often bring chocolate covered pretzels or viennese crunch, the best part is that he always gives it directly to me and tells me specifically that I don't have to share it. LOL anonymous because it will out me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics