Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Dinner ideas while cleaning/turning kitchen for pesach

curlyhead

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 4:15 pm
I have cleaning help coming sunday and monday to clean the kitchen. I am gonna set up a chometz cooking and eating area in the garage for the week. I have a sandwhich maker, crockpot, milk burners, george forman and meat electric small pot which I can use. Fridge will be getting cleaned on Monday.
Help me work out a menu for the next week which involves no actual chometz (unless we eat in the park) kitniyous is ok and with out spending a fortune on takeout. I am happy to have pizza one night. My pesach kitchen should be set up by friday.
What are you eating in thsi in between stage?

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 4:19 pm
We're eating regular stuff because we can't kasher our sinks without using them for 24 hours until after the shabbos before Pesach, as we need the sinks on Shabbos. I'd love to figure out how to get around that!

peppermint

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 4:25 pm
MimiMommy wrote:
We're eating regular stuff because we can't kasher our sinks without using them for 24 hours until after the shabbos before Pesach, as we need the sinks on Shabbos. I'd love to figure out how to get around that!
You cant use the sink at all? We were told we just cant use hot water for 24 hrs before kashering.

MimiMommy

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 5:05 pm
peppermint wrote:
MimiMommy wrote:
You cant use the sink at all? We were told we just cant use hot water for 24 hrs before kashering.

Good point...have to look into that. Just means we'd have to wash all the dishes in the basement.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 5:10 pm
I make pesach food & serve with chametz in the dining room, which is easy to clean in 10 minutes. So I might make hamburgers & serve in dining room with rolls. But anything that leaves the kitchen can't come back in.
Shabbos will be soup,(noddles can be made on the electric travel burner as can rice in a foil pan, fish, chicken potatoes, salad. the only thing that needs to be cleaned will be the crockpot, I am not a fan of the plastic bag inserts, but once a year it gets used.. My teenage boys will do that with the hose in the backyard.

Amital

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 5:26 pm
We use all our other appliances to make things, especially an oven to cook food in foil pans. Here's what I wrote on this with all the rest of my ideas: Organized Jewish Home meals around Passover

mominlkwd

Post Tue, Mar 12 2013, 6:34 pm
yes I also make pesach food and serve it with or without chometz in the dining room. chicken and potatoes, fish, meat, even meatballs can be made in a pesach kitchen. Although it takes me 1 night to turn over so I'm not sure what you meant by cleaning sunday monday and being turned over friday. If you have a rice maker you can make rice in the garage and add it to other dishes. some people buy a single plug in burner and make macaroni etc.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics