Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Fill the void
Previous  1  2

yogabird

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:28 am
I meant if the review was accurate Wink
Thanks for the response.

So ladies on here did mention that the ending was kinda weird and not in a happy way. Maybe that's what left her with the creepy impression.

Duggie

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:34 am
I liked it..... It showed chassidim in a very good light so it was a breath of fresh air.

Did anyone else find it a little confusing? I couldn't keep track of what Shira was feeling and why things were happening? Random fact but I met the actress that play the mother of shira on a bus to Tel Aviv.

It is really nice to see that in the interviews the actors express that they see chareidim and chassidim (which of course to the world it is probably one and the same, but whatever.) in a different light and I even heard on actor say, "It is a BEAUTIFUL way of life, I have a lot of respect" this was a chiloni actor!!!!!!

It was interesting, they kept it very tznius and didn't compromise on anything. The last scene was her feeling extremely nervous in the yichud room which made me smile.

Does anyone know why there was an actress with no arms? It seemed random. was there an artistic point to that?

peacemom

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:10 am
Extremely nervous in the yichud room? I'd say she looked terrified! I can imagine the reaction in the non-frum/non-Jewish world viewing this film.

booboo24

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:36 am
Is it available online anywhere? Can't find it on youtube

yogabird

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:41 am
peacemom wrote:
Extremely nervous in the yichud room? I'd say she looked terrified! I can imagine the reaction in the non-frum/non-Jewish world viewing this film.

This is what I was thinking. The only movies depicting orthodox jewish life that go international and win big awards are the kind that make frum/chareidi/chassidish people look like weird, creepy, primitive people from outer space Mad

amother

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 10:45 am
One of the most beautiful movies I ever saw. So beautifully filmed. I loved the close ups where you could see how they felt on their faces. I loved it from beginning to end.
The ending was kosher, realistic and gorgeous.
Everyone is allowed to feel a bit nervous at that point.
It was stunning.
I hope she continues making movies.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 3:52 pm
I just read the review and the woman who wrote it must be stupid and crazy.

There is nothing in this that is anti religious. You don't have to like the film, but still.

The critic rants about having a person with disabilities portrayed in the movie and the critic is pretty disgusting about that. The portrayal is sympathetic. The person is a minor character and it's probably one of the best portrayals of a person with disabilities I've ever seen. She's shown as human.

Actually, there aren't any goodies and baddies in this film. Everyone is good. Everyone is human.

The critic also got a few things majorly wrong in her review.

It's a a more slow moving film, more of an art film, obviously, it works very well. Like I said, I wonder if non Jews would get it. I know about the write/director and have seen photos of her. She definitely looks the part.

The film is technically tznius. No men and women touched, and everyone is modestly dressed, and nothing inappropriate is said. I found it to have an undercurrent of zexuality. There is zexual tension there, IMO, and it was interesting for me to sense that there, while I totally don't get that from movies that have nudity and zex but it doesn't fill zexual at all.

I really cannot see what one could find to be anti-frum in it, unless one is against a plot in general. Sometimes there are people who resent any story that would constitute a real plot, anything more than a children's story about how to get dressed in the morning and go to gan and help mommy.

TehillaHadassah

Post Wed, Jul 24 2013, 4:29 pm
Loved it.

golden

Post Thu, Jul 25 2013, 12:24 am
Where can I buy or view this movie? I can't find it anywhere on line.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics