Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
"Ushpizin", the movie
1  2  Next

rae gi

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:39 am
I finally saw Ushpizin last night and I really liked it. Have you seen it?

ChossidMom

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 12:23 pm
Saw it and loved it.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 1:47 pm
Love. There are layers of humor and meaning in both frumkeit and Israeliness that you appreciate more the more you watch it and the more awareness you have of these societies. Some things are only hinted at.

evie

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 2:18 pm
Great movie!!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 2:21 pm
Yes, I really enjoyed it!

r_ch

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:00 pm
Great movie! I watch it about once a year and the more I do the more I love it.

penguin

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:02 pm
can you get it online?

Barbara

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:10 pm
I saw it years ago, and found it troubling that a man whose family was so lacking in basic necessities (money for food) would spend all that money on an etrog. But I'm sure that my opinion is not prevalent here.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:14 pm
Ok, Barbara, there are some premises you have to eat to enjoy, but it harkens back to the story of the man who bought an esrog and his wife got so upset she made it pasul. So this meme exists in our psyche. Getting past that, it was fun.

wereafamily

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 3:31 pm
Love it! Made my whole family watch it!

r_ch

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 4:14 pm
Barbara wrote:
I saw it years ago, and found it troubling that a man whose family was so lacking in basic necessities (money for food) would spend all that money on an etrog. But I'm sure that my opinion is not prevalent here.

It was not all that money, it was just 1 thousand shekel. They had got 1 thousand dollar from the donor. It's a lot but not all, I wanted to say.

Happy18

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:07 pm
Can you watch online?

chocolate chips

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:08 pm
Isn't this an old movie?
I remember watching it when I was single it had the "ki atah kadosh" song which we couldn't stop singing!

rae gi

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:10 pm
Happy18 Yes, I watched it on Walmart.com vudu. I paid $2.99.

marshmellow

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 10:16 pm
never heard of it

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 14 2013, 11:21 pm
I found it incredibly inspiring. It was a romantic movie with no touching. It portrayed the pain of infertility very vividly. I wish there would be more such frum films out there.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 2:15 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I found it incredibly inspiring. It was a romantic movie with no touching. It portrayed the pain of infertility very vividly. I wish there would be more such frum films out there.
I thought the same thing MB. I saw this when I was single and then after I got married. The first time all I saw was that this couple loved each other so much, even though there was not one bit of touching (there was that great scene with the gift of earrings that was very touching) and then after I got married and was experiencing PIF I felt the same way you did MB.
I loved this movie. And barbara, that was not the point of the whole movie (and its just a movie)

curlgirl

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 2:30 am
Barbara wrote:

Yes! I really couldn't get past that. I don't want to know if there are people out there who think that's the right thing to do.

The whole time I was watching, I couldn't stop wondering why neither of the couple got. a. job. Did I miss the explanation for that somewhere? Scratching Head

amother

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 9:27 am
Mama Bear wrote:

I felt the same! They are husband and wife in real life and so the love really shines thru.

amother

Post Fri, Mar 15 2013, 9:36 am
I found it odd that a frum couple acts together on a movie film.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics