Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Congressional Hearing on Autism
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

sequoia

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:30 pm
Tissues, get off your darn soapbox, you're hurting people's feelings here.

And that was not darn originally. Thank you Yael. [gentile] and n-word are okay but god forbid we should say d*mn.

tissues

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:37 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Well, the good news is that it is completely legal for any parent who so wishes to NOT cluster vaccines.
A parent who knows to ask for it, does have that right. Yet, the standard of care for majority of unknowing parents is to give something like 3 shots of 3 diseases each (DTap, MMR, etc.)
Why aren't parents told they have a choice? (With the risks and benefits specified.)

MaBelleVie wrote:
More good news is that the FDA has drastically reduced and eliminated thimerosal from vaccines. So there certainly is a focus on improving the safety of vaccines. It continues to be a process, but it's not like everyone is shoving the possibility of harmful side effects completely under the table.
They removed thimerosal from single-vial vaccines. (Why do I feel like a tape recorder? Smile ) As you say, it continues to be a process - which this hearing is a part of. It was mostly powered by Senator Dan Burton who actually has a grandchild who suffered as a result of vaccines. When people have questions and are demanding enough of our government, we may get some answers.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:39 pm
The reason why more and more kids are diagnosed with autism is because they are more aware of it todays days. How many kids with high functioning autism or aspergers were called " weird" years ago because they didn't know what what it was? I believe a lot of it is genetic, they are looking into a specific gene now and enviormental plays a role too. Yes, our foods are loaded with horrible stuff and that can have an impact too.

Last edited by flowerpower on Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

tissues

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:40 pm
sequoia wrote:
Tissues, get off your darn soapbox, you're hurting people's feelings here.

And that was not darn originally. Thank you Yael. [gentile] and n-word are okay but god forbid we should say d*mn.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I hurt anyone's feelings, and that's NOT my goal. I hope whoever it is can forgive me.

tissues

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:
The reason why more and more kids are diagnosed with autism is because they are more aware of it todays days. How many kids with high functioning autism or aspergers were called " weird" years ago because they didn't know what what it was? I believe a lot of it is genetic, they are looking into a specific gene now and a lot is envi

From the CDC's website:
In 2000 (which isn't all that many years ago) the rate was 1 in 150
In 2004 the rate was 1 in 125
In 2006 the rate was 1 in 110
In 2008 the rate was 1 in 88

Do you see the tremendous increase? We're not talking 50 years ago versus now. Then you may have said someone was "weird". We're talking now (once they already knew of all the ASDs), recently in the span of 8 years to see numbers rising like that is very scary. Also, I don't believe that the gene pool has changed so drastically to account for this.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:52 pm
I still don't buy it. Sorry. Vaccines have improved over the past few years and and yet the amount of diagnosis have increased. If thats is the main cultprit than it should have decreased every year.

tissues

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:55 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I still don't buy it. Sorry. Vaccines have improved over the past few years and and yet the amount of diagnosis have increased. If thats is the main cultprit than it should have decreased every year.
Bury your head in the sand if you like. I don't mind.

Just curious, in which way have you seen an improvement on the vaccine issue? As far as I know, we are being mandated with more and more vaccines...

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:56 pm
tissues wrote:
flowerpower wrote:
The reason why more and more kids are diagnosed with autism is because they are more aware of it todays days. How many kids with high functioning autism or aspergers were called " weird" years ago because they didn't know what what it was? I believe a lot of it is genetic, they are looking into a specific gene now and a lot is envi

From the CDC's website:

Do you see the tremendous increase? We're not talking 50 years ago versus now. Then you may have said someone was "weird". We're talking now (once they already knew of all the ASDs), recently in the span of 8 years to see numbers rising like that is very scary. Also, I don't believe that the gene pool has changed so drastically to account for this.

Why do the numbers keep going up after thimerosal was removed from most vaccines? Are there any REQUIRED vaccines that contain thimerosal, besides tetanus?

Also, you make it sound as though there was no research done on vaccine safety. Well, you may not like the research, but it exists. You know the conclusion.

tissues

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:01 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
tissues wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

From the CDC's website:

Why do the numbers keep going up after thimerosal was removed from most vaccines? Are there any REQUIRED vaccines that contain thimerosal, besides tetanus?

Also, you make it sound as though there was no research done on vaccine safety. Well, you may not like the research, but it exists. You know the conclusion.

Thimerosal was not removed from DTap, MMR, and any other vaccines which contain inoculations against more than one disease at once. (Here's the tape recorder again. LOL ) The annual flu shot contains traces of mercury. (I don't how much qualifies as "traces"...)
Research was done. By private companies. Not by the CDC who mandates these vaccines. Again, Boyle testified to this under oath.

allgood

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:25 pm
I have to say if your agenda is to get others to agree with the theory against vaccines. Please state that clearly in the subject as I find your agenda to be very disturbing to those who may be checking out this thread to say what the future may hold for those they care about.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 10:27 pm
tissues wrote:
MaBelleVie wrote:
tissues wrote:
flowerpower wrote:

From the CDC's website:

Thimerosal was not removed from DTap, MMR, and any other vaccines which contain inoculations against more than one disease at once. (Here's the tape recorder again. LOL ) The annual flu shot contains traces of mercury. (I don't how much qualifies as "traces"...)
Research was done. By private companies. Not by the CDC who mandates these vaccines. Again, Boyle testified to this under oath.

I mentioned tetanus. Can you provide a link that indicates there is thimerosal in the MMR? The CDC claims otherwise. There is also a thimerosal free version of the flu shot.

Once again, why do autism rates continue to go up when thimerosal use in vaccines has been virtually eliminated?

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:16 pm
flowerpower wrote:
They removed the mercury from the vaccines a few years ago. There are a lot of questions as to what causes autism- is it genetic, enviormental, diet.......... Until there is real results we will have to keep researching.

And autism rates continue to RISE after the removal of mercury from childhood vaccines.

The anti-vax lobby is a movement in search of an injury. They argued that autism rates increased because of thimerosal. How many research dollars were wasted debunking a theory that was based upon fabricated research in the first place? That never made much sense. And how many kids are suffering because the anti-vax lobby was pushing its own agenda instead of real research.

But now that its clear to almost everyone that the thimerosal theory was a non-starter (see the following abstract from a Danish study
http://pediatrics.aappublicati.....ract; I also like this guest blog on Scientific American http://blogs.scientificamerica.....tism/), they're coming up with more and more theories, and demanding that research dollars be spent on their theories instead of starting from scratch with the question WHY. And let's be honest. If the CDC invested $20 billion and conducted double-blind studies that definitively proved that vaccines do not cause autism, the anti-vax lobby would claim its all illegitimate because it was funded by the "vaccine lobby."

I know far too many people who, after a child was diagnosed as being on the spectrum, said "oh, yeah, that's just like ..." me, my husband, my brother or sister, to not believe that there may be a genetic element. Maybe that genetic element has environmental or other triggers. I don't know. But we need to RESEARCH, not continue to kowtow to a lobby that cares only about its own agenda.

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:25 pm
This includes the FDA list of thimerosal content in vaccines.

http://www.fda.gov/BiologicsBl.....96228

And here's the CDC timeline, which mentions the removal of thimerosal from vaccines in Denmark and Sweden in 2002. with autism rates continuing to rise

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccinesafe......html

Of course, you can believe its all a lie, if you're a conspiracy theorist.

ROFL

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:32 pm
There was a great article about the rise of autism in parents who worked in hi tech . Since geeky people usually marry other geeks, they found a higher percentage of children with autism. Nothing o do with vaccines at all!

http://www.scientificamerican......utism
I found the above article and know thy also did a study here in the US. But can't find it on line now.
Kol hakavod to parents who have to kids with autism. I salute you all!

Barbara

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:34 pm
And for those who need a concise primer on the outright lies and fraud perpetuated by Wakefield, see

http://theincidentaleconomist......raud/

My personal favorite:

Quote:
Patients were recruited through anti-MMR campaigners, and the study was commissioned and funded for planned litigation

Yeah. The CDC and FDA lie. The anti-vax lobby are the honest ones. But lookie-see who the only ones who demonstrably falsified records, in order to achieve a result that would benefit them financially, are.

shlomitsmum

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 11:46 pm
I'm not hurt nor offended by tissues post she is pretty nice and caring so I have no reason to doubt her good intentions. IMO The truth and why regarding what causes Autism is hidden somewhere in the middle.

April is Autism awereness month , I appreciate any efforts goverments are making .
However some practical help is sorely needed NOW specially for those who have children who are less functional .

I know many doctors who are also parents who are choosing to delay or forgo vaccines altoguether I refuse to judge them .

This documentary bellow promted some drastic dietary changes that perhaps along with Hashem's mercy have helped my DD increase her functioning level.

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows.....2196/

amother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 10:50 am
Thank you Shlomitsmum for the dietary link. I was just about to PM you for it. This way it'll help many others.

wifenmother

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 11:00 am
[quote="tissues"]
MaBelleVie wrote:
Well, the good news is that it is completely legal for any parent who so wishes to NOT cluster vaccines.
A parent who knows to ask for it, does have that right. Yet, the standard of care for majority of unknowing parents is to give something like 3 shots of 3 diseases each (DTap, MMR, etc.)
Why aren't parents told they have a choice? (With the risks and benefits specified.)

Never mind telling parents that they have a choice! TMost pediatricians aren't interested in accomodating numerous appointments in order to allow you to spread them out! It's 'easier' this way. And should anything happen, they did nothing wrong according the CDC.

My pediatrician agreed to postpone vaccines when I told him that I wasn't ready to innoculate my three month old whose immune system had just started developing. But every time I bring him in for shots he insists on giving him FOUR at a time, because he's 'behind' schedule. Never mind that at least two of those four are combos already... He does not want to accomodate appointments that he views as 'unnecessary' though he gives in when I insist.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 11:08 am
My personal theory is that autism spikes are probably most likely linked to dietary related issues - GMOS, HFCS, food dyes etc.

I think there is a percentage of the population that is susceptible to vaccine issues. Some its genetic. And others its environmental.

shlomitsmum

Post Tue, Mar 19 2013, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
Thank you Shlomitsmum for the dietary link. I was just about to PM you for it. This way it'll help many others.

Glad to help!
We ONLY heard of this via DH's co worker who has TV otherwise we would have had no clue since we are TV free.

grab some tissues though I found watching the teen boy progress and then regress to be very hard emotionally , his mowgly diaper only look is my child after school most days (she has learned to control her urge to undress in public but as soon as we come home she is there covered by a diaper only LOL .

The problem with this is that her almost 2 year old sister thinks the mowgly look is cool so they both do this now Rolling Eyes .Seeing Z (the youngen toddler) do this freaks me out ....I am constanly worried that she might lose skills or develop this too , B'H so far so good .But my eyes are peeled

These changes are a huge commitment and like I said on the PM ...DD has snatched a white bred sandwich from hersibs here and there with no inmediate side effects , so to me the dietary part might be cumulative.

Good luck !
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics