Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO good eye dr.

Aidels

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:09 pm
Ive been looking around for a good eye dr for my 2 yr dd that has closed tear duct.
It sounds like the bests r Wang, Steele Muchnik. But I cant find their numbers..
Anyone please?
Also did u have any good experiences?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:16 pm
We didn't have that situation but we used Dr Ben David in BP and liked him very much

amother

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 5:18 pm
http://www.childrenshospital.o......html

Quote:
How is it treated?
Since the majority of cases resolve without treatment, most doctors suggest waiting to see if the duct opens on its own. There is spontaneous remission in 95 percent of cases by age 1.

In the meantime, doctors typically recommend keeping the eye clean, and may prescribe an antibiotic eye ointment to help reduce the discharge from the eye. Often, health care providers recommend massaging the lacrimal sac—the upper portion of the nasolacrimal duct, near the inner corner of the eye—hoping it will help open the membrane. However, if there is no build-up of fluid or distention of the lacrimal sac from this excess fluid, which is the case for most babies, the massaging won't help much and probably isn't necessary.

In case this information helps. I know you said she's 2.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 6:00 pm
We love Dr. Steele's group. I don't think I have their number anymore though. I always look it up on-line when I need it. I think his group is called pediatric optholmic consultants.

I never used Dr. Wang, but I used to use his partner. It was a disaster. We always had to wait at least 3 hours for each appointment. Ds has special needs and wasn't behaving, so we were kicked out of the waiting room. We had to wait in the hallway, where ds kept trying to run in the elevators. The doctor may have been okay, but the staff is obnoxious.

Pineapple

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 6:20 pm
Dr Steele # is (718) 435-2020

mommyofboys

Post Mon, Mar 18 2013, 9:45 pm
Dr. Richard Muchnick # is (212) 744-1726
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics