Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
She made me do it

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 10:55 am
my 16 yr old daughter separated about 1" x 2" on the side of her head of hair and made me cut it ... she was going to do it herself and basically I just made sure it was a true rectangle. This morning I think she looks like she had brain surgery ... I usually think she is funky but this was just overboard or is that over bored ...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:23 am
Is her school going to kvetch about that?

rainbow

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:37 am
Let her suffer the consequences, if there are any...

amother

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 11:47 am
I did the same thing in HS. I didn't know it was back in fashion. LOL

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Since it is hair it will just grow back. I am not sure I would do the same thing but you probably earned yourself real points by helping her do it. It might make the difference with some other battle later.

Good Luck!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 12:14 pm
Believe me it won't be the first fashion statement she has made. She used to dye her hair rasberry color - she goes to school with pj's (lots of people do) she will wear a balerina tutu over clothes - power puff boots (she's got tiny feet) boys ties, just to name a few and I think none of them ever bothered me like this - only cause it looks like she had a lobotomy or something ...

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 12:23 pm
green, you are one cool mom for accepting all that and cutting her hair-awful as it may look.

im not sure I could be as accepting as you. B"H the most my kids have done (so far) is wear 2 different color socks.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 12 2007, 12:50 pm
actually she has a great hair cut that I gave her - she obviously just needed an added touch of her own - I think she is going to bleach and dye strip later

julia

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 8:23 am
I give you kudos for not loosing your cool. This is a hard one. Does she have a good sense of humor? That'll make up for a lot.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:11 am
actually she is just "interesting"

faigie

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:25 am
that look is back in now............yeesh it was awful the first time around, how did it ever make a comeback?

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 13 2007, 9:30 am
my dd just brought it back!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children