Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Next year...hotel?

Lady A

Post Mon, Mar 25 2013, 6:47 pm
I am wondering...for those of you who go away to a hotel, how much does it cost? I am talking only in the United States, preferably on the East Coast.
For 2 full-time working BT's, getting ready for Pesach pretty much wiped us out physically.

I am thinking about this option for next year.

shanarishona

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:22 pm
yes - I kept a "making pesach at home" expense log and now I want to compare!

pesek zman

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:36 pm
Lady A wrote:
I am wondering...for those of you who go away to a hotel, how much does it cost? I am talking only in the United States, preferably on the East Coast.
For 2 full-time working BT's, getting ready for Pesach pretty much wiped us out physically.

I am thinking about this option for next year.

Depending if you go low end or hogher end, stay close to NY/NJ or if you go to Florida, expect to pay around 3k per person (adult double occupancy) Can go for less, but better to over-budget than under-budget

November

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:40 pm
shanarishona wrote:
yes - I kept a "making pesach at home" expense log and now I want to compare!

Please post the findings of your comparison. Are you still newly married? Making Pesach for many people or just the 2 of you? Where in general are you located? Did you go over the top or keep it simple? That info will all be helpful.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 3:45 pm
pesach for less- I think it was 3200 for a couple- double occupancy.
Was there this year. Wouldn't pay more for a fancier program but that's me.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 5:08 pm
The hotel my family goes to is $5,000 per person.

amother

Post Mon, Apr 28 2014, 5:35 pm
every program is different- there are no frills hotels, and there are programs that you rent a couple of villas and a caterer brings in every meal- these are on the cheaper end and are more for people who just can't or don't want to make Pesach.
then there are the fancier programs that also vary in prices, and if you fly out somewhere then you also have to factor in tickets, etc.
the fancier programs in Fl, etc can be very expensive- 4,000-6,000 per adult and less for children if they are all in the same room as the parents...
just remember when you are looking at prices online that a lot of there is also a 25% fee for tips and taxes that is only added in at the end.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics