Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
3.5 month old teething

Would you/have you given your infant Tylonol for teething?
Yes  
 81%  [ 52 ]
No  
 9%  [ 6 ]
Maybe  
 7%  [ 5 ]
Unsure  
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 64

Yael3

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 12:28 pm
My DD started teething over Pessach and it got so bad that she shrieks/screams vigorously eating her fist. I got her a teether, she doesn't like it. She's bite on my finger for a half minute but is still in pain. I called her doctor and was told to freeze a wet wash cloth and give it to her to chew on. She doesn't like that either. The doctor said to give her 2.5 ml Tylonol (she's in the 100th percentile for both height and weight) and that seems to help. I've given it to her 3 times since yesterday (it's a PRN every 4 hours) but I'm noticing she'd sleeping a LOT more and I'm worried.
Thoughts? ideas? short stories...?

iamamother

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 1:05 pm
my kids also start teething at that age. I would give Tylenol but not on the clock every 4 hrs... and it makes sense that she sleeping more because shes not in pain so she can fall asleep. part of the screaming and crying before is also from being tired.... im just guessing, im not a doctor. but I deff would give some times... also what I have found to work is the good old shnaps! dip ur finger in some and rub it on her gums!

the world's best mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 1:24 pm
How do you know she is teething? Are her gums swollen?

It does seem like she's in pain from something if tylenol soothes her, but are you sure it's not a stomachache or ear infection?

I guess that if tylenol helps, it's not bad to give her some anyway, but I wouldn't give it that often. 3 times a day may be okay for really bad days, but I wouldn't give it to her regularly. Even once a week is too much to give her on a regular basis.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 2:19 pm
I don't know how pro u are for natural remedies but the best things for teething are camilia and gumomile. Both found in health food stores. Works much better than tylenol and doesn't cause drowsiness.

olivia

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 4:03 pm
I second camilia

wife2

Post Thu, Apr 04 2013, 9:55 pm
what abt trying orajel instead?

IMHopinion

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 12:08 am
Sure I'd give Tylenol, but not often, just occasionally when you can't handle her anymore.
Many boy babies get Tylenol at their Bris, so at 3.5 months it can't hurt either.
Tzu Gezunt!

Btw, about Oragel, wasn't it recalled a while ago for being dangerous or something?

sleepless mom

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 11:38 am
my doctor says that orajel Isnot the healthiest for infant rather give Tylenol. especially if she can't fall asleep at night Tylenol is more effective

good times

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 7:12 pm
shes prob is sleeping a lot because her pain has been disturbing her sleep and now that she has relief she is tired and needs to catch up. This has been the case for a few of my kids when they were teething. I give tylenol to my kids a lot at night for teething and during the day only when they are so miserable that they cant eat/play/be put down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics