Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
What age to start kids on playmobile?

balibusta

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 9:43 am
What age to start kids on play mobile?

mfb

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 9:46 am
Why buy it before they ask for it? They probably will soon enough. My kids started asking at approx. age six but now that I've finally bought it no on really looks at it

chanar

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 10:08 am
My son is 4 and he absolutely loves it.. Plays with it all the time. It depends on the kid, my son is much more of an imaginary play kid.. So for him it's amazing. I got him one set for his 4th bday and when I saw how much he liked it we got him some more..

flowerpower

Post Fri, Apr 05 2013, 10:37 am
It depends on the kid! Usually at age 4-5...

chocolate chips

Post Sat, Apr 06 2013, 11:13 pm
I saw playmobil set for age 2+ but I wouldn't buy it at that age because I still think the pieces are small enough to choke on and many 2 yr olds put things in their mouths.

Also, at age 2 they don't really have a big imagination when playing so they just like to drive around the car and hold the doll. At age 4-5 they can appreciate the little dresses, mirrors and wagons to drive the people to the wedding etc.

Tova

Post Sat, Apr 06 2013, 11:18 pm
My son is almost 6. He just got his first few sets from his Bubby for afikomen and he is hooked. Presently they are more played with than his lego and that's saying a lot.

Merrymom

Post Sat, Apr 06 2013, 11:24 pm
Never, save yourself from having to deal with the constant mess!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 12:57 am
Don't even start! Once you start, they don't stop asking for more- and they're really expensive- overpriced, if you ask me. Includes so many little pieces that just get lost. I can't understand why they make the hair come of- you end up with figures with holes in their head and no hair. And they don't really encourage creativity. In general, they are very good quality, but quality doesn't prevent lost pieces.

Tova

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 10:01 am
redgoldfish wrote:
Don't even start! Once you start, they don't stop asking for more- and they're really expensive- overpriced, if you ask me. Includes so many little pieces that just get lost. I can't understand why they make the hair come of- you end up with figures with holes in their head and no hair. And they don't really encourage creativity. In general, they are very good quality, but quality doesn't prevent lost pieces.

I disagree. My children know that toys are mostly from grandparents and/or special occasions like b-day, Chanukah. In terms of price, my MIL got my son several sets from Amazing Savings, each was $3.99 and came with 2 mentchies plus accessories. Whether they can be played with creatively is a matter of personality maybe. My son can play creatively with 2 matchbox cars and nothing else. In terms of lost pieces, that's something I don't worry about. My kids are old enough to know that if their toys get lost because they are not careful with them, that's that. They also know they have to clean up each day or else their stuff gets put on top of the fridge.

zigi

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 10:32 am
I do think that its worth the money. toysrus also has sales buy 2 get one free.

my younger kids tend to take the whole mentchi apart. but they like to play with it, I usually only let them play it on shabbos. I don't want to deal with the mess of it

Tamiri

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 11:04 am
I still have pieces - lots of them - from the sets of my eldest son. He'll be 28 soon and got his first Playmobile at age 6, the pirate ship. After that, the next 3 sibs didn't really play with the things we had, it was more on and off. Our #5 is entranced by Playmobile and it has kept him very very busy for that past few years (he's 8). I would buy it when the child is ready to take care of the little pieces, and the Mom is willing to help. Because there are so many tiny things and details, it's a real pain to keep track. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics