Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Tv show or movie recommendation for kids

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 10:56 am
I need something moderately educational, or classic and clean, for my kids, aged 6&8, to watch this afternoon. they both like magic school bus but are getting bored of it. they've watched classics like Mary poppins and wizard of oz but refuse to re-watch. any ideas please?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 11:07 am
I actually like Handy manny, mickey mouse clubhouse, etc.... theyre not as 'educational' but theyre cute & not such a waste of time.

bigsis144

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 11:11 am
Finding Nemo is about as clean as you can get (biggest issue is son saying "I hate you" to his father at the beginning of the movie, and the rest of the movie is the two coming back together)

6 and 8 are different enough that I'm not sure if all my recommendations would work for both... at 8 years old, I loved the PBS shows Wishbone (Jack Russell terrier reenacts famous works of literature, from the Odyssey to Tom Sawyer) and Bill Nye the Science Guy.

DS (yes, DS) loves the newest incarnation of My Little Pony (aka My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic). It's actually pretty clever and adorably animated. You can find the entire series on youtube.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 12:57 pm
great ideas, thanks. ill try My Little Pony. finding nemo we've watched and I personally love. handy Mandy I've never tried so we'll give it a go.

26teach

Post Sun, Apr 07 2013, 1:20 pm
Pbskids.org has great shows and games to learn for all ages. For example wild Kratts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics