Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Schools in Ramat Bet Shemesh
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 7:10 am
I'm starting to look into elementary schools for my daughter in Ramat Bet Shemesh.
We want a charedi Israeli Beis Yaakov and when I looked on the nefesh b'nefesh website, the schools they listed all had a very high number of english speakers.
My daughter was born in Israel and we really want her to be in a good regular Israeli Beis Yaakov with majority hebrew speakers.
Does this type of school exist in Ramat Beit Shemesh Aleph or are most of the schools catering to the anglo population?

Thanks in advance for any help on this

mummy1985

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 8:49 am
There are two charedi Israeli Beis Yaakov elementary schools
one is Beis Yaakov b'rama which is on Nachal Gilo and Beit Yaakov Mishkenot Daat is near the Mercaz
Here's the info

Beit Yaakov Harama
Nachal Gilo 10
992-2045
992-2060 (Fax)
Mrs. Batya Weiss, Principal

Beit Yaakov Mishkenot Daat
Nachal Arugot 13
995-1902 (Fax)
992-5587 (Office)
999-7587 (Office)
Mrs. Ginzburg, principal

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 4:27 pm
Torat eliyahu

Last edited by fiddle on Thu, Sep 13 2018, 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 4:30 pm
fiddle wrote:
torat eliyahu

I do NOT recomend that choice

fiddle

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 4:32 pm
care to elaborate?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 1:13 am
fiddle wrote:
care to elaborate?

sure
ALL the people I know who were recommended to go to that school coming from BY in America DEEPLY regretted it. you go there you are stuck. it is not the same kind of students that would go to by.
once you go there you can NOT switch to a reg by. they will not get in. they are not allowd to take girls from torah eliyahu.
I would even recommend magen avot as opposed to torat eliyahu. and even from magen avot you cant get into reg by.
I think that you should try your best to get into by harama or mishkanot daat if you want to send to regular by. people coming from America often get terrible advise to go to torah eliyahu. DON'T

sunny90

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 1:57 am
BY Harama is a great school, my sister goes there and she's pretty happy. Obviously they still have that chareidi Israeli mentality but on the whole the teachers are good and the principal is really great.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 2:06 am
Wow I sent to basis Yaakov harama and switched to torahs eliyahu I'm thrilled .didn't want to be part of the elite st group that the hanhalah didn't have the same middos as my upbringing !would never send back .and anyways I know girls that got into ko tomar from toras eliyahu and who says you want to send your children there ? If you send to magen avos you stand a chance of your children never learning the language and being fully integrated but it all depends on the child.one more thing Rebbitzen Quinn from toras eliyahu is a michaneches par excel ant .

mummy1985

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 5:38 am
I didn't know about torat eliyahu for girls until this thread what's it like there? I am personally sending to bnot malka but still interested to hear about torat eliyahu

amother

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 3:38 pm
I'm reviving an old thread. What is the israeli chareidi mentality vs. the American one? I heard that there is a difference, but what exactly is it?

sunny90

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 4:03 pm
American chareidi is a much more broad description. Basically anyone who describes themselves as frum can be in this category. It's a more open minded mentality.
Israeli chareidi is like "NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE WHATSOEVER".

vicki

Post Tue, Sep 30 2014, 4:11 pm
sunny90 wrote:
American chareidi is a much more broad description. Basically anyone who describes themselves as frum can be in this category. It's a more open minded mentality.
Israeli chareidi is like "NO OUTSIDE INFLUENCE WHATSOEVER".

Only if by "frum" you mean charedi.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 01 2014, 2:17 am
bump (its now the morning)

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
sure
ALL the people I know who were recommended to go to that school coming from BY in America DEEPLY regretted it. you go there you are stuck. it is not the same kind of students that would go to by.
once you go there you can NOT switch to a reg by. they will not get in. they are not allowd to take girls from torah eliyahu.
I would even recommend magen avot as opposed to torat eliyahu. and even from magen avot you cant get into reg by.
I think that you should try your best to get into by harama or mishkanot daat if you want to send to regular by. people coming from America often get terrible advise to go to torah eliyahu. DON'T

I am bumping up this old thread in hopes that someone can help. Has anybody found a way to get girls out of Toras Eliyahu into regular BY since this thread?

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 2:35 pm
I know people have switched from torat eliyahu to the Hager Beis Yaakov in RBS Bet.

dbw

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 3:12 pm
Can anyone elaborate what type of school the Hager BY school is. I'm looking for a BY type of school but Yiddish speaking and frum with strong hashkafas

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 3:20 pm
amother wrote:
I am bumping up this old thread in hopes that someone can help. Has anybody found a way to get girls out of Toras Eliyahu into regular BY since this thread?

I personally do not know, but is Bnos Malka an option? They might accept from Toras Eliyahu.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Aug 27 2018, 3:48 pm
dbw wrote:
Can anyone elaborate what type of school the Hager BY school is. I'm looking for a BY type of school but Yiddish speaking and frum with strong hashkafas

I don't think that exists in Beit Shemesh.
Yiddish is only in the chassidish schools or the yerushalmi schools.

Yerushalyim has two schools that cater to the american crowd looking for a BY type school with yiddish. Bnos hadasa, shiras devorah

dbw

Post Tue, Aug 28 2018, 8:09 am
What is the Hager BY like? What kind of families send there?

In the US, most chassidish don't emphasize academics for girls. Is it the same here? Which of the chassidish/Yerushalmi schools in RBS is most academic (excluding Bnos Rachel and Brisk)?

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 8:04 am
dbw wrote:
What is the Hager BY like? What kind of families send there?

In the US, most chassidish don't emphasize academics for girls. Is it the same here? Which of the chassidish/Yerushalmi schools in RBS is most academic (excluding Bnos Rachel and Brisk)?

I also want to know what kind of families send there. I want to make sure that my daughter is in the best enviroment.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions