Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Food allergies

CHANY115

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 12:21 pm
anyone know what I can serve my child with food allergies for meals.
he is allergic to
milk products egg fish and nuts.
I give him some soy and rice products, wheat=cereal and flieshig, fruits and vegetables, nosh. besides that he is a picky eater.
also I am staying off milk now because I am nursing and I dont know what to eat, any advice.

Ima'la

Post Wed, Feb 14 2007, 12:35 pm
Beans are another good source of protein. My allergic ds loves chickpeas. If he balks at beans, perhaps you can hide them - I.e. in cholent. I actually started putting chickpeas in my cholent as one of the beans. (Dried - I soak them overnight with the beans. Other than in cholent, I use canned.)

Sesame is also very healthy and a good source of - oops, not sure I remember what - either calcium or iron. Maybe both! E.g. Tehina, or here in E"Y, there is sesame spread - a little like peanut butter, but from sesame instead of peanuts.

Also, try to use whole wheat products as much as possible.

When you say "nuts" - are you including peanuts (not really nuts)? If he can have peanuts, then peanut butter is good - and consider yourself lucky that there is something healthy that you can spread on bread to send to school in a sandwich!

Good luck and refuah shelaima - I hope he outgrows it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics