Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Chaim Dovid Reuven ben Chana Rochel (lung cancer)
1  2  Next

bamamama

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 10:09 pm
Please say tehillim for Chaim Dovid Reuven ben Chana Rochel, a father with children still at home. He has stage 4 lung cancer. We should only hear good news.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 6:08 am
Seconding this, because this is not a post to ever want to "like."
And let me use this as a springboard: I hope that when we see this kind of thread title, we'll at least take a moment and say a perek tehillim, or prayers in our own words, even if we can't keep track of the choleh's progress. PLEASE DO, and continue to do so. We don't have any idea of what the effect of our tefillos are, and this needs constant repetition: no tefilla is ever wasted. May we see all such tefillos find the target we so desperately wish for, and may we reach a point where we, individually and collectively, don't need such wake up calls.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 6:13 am
I'll pray for him.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:00 am
Amen, Pink Fridge.

I know this man, and have only good things to say. His family needs him very much.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:01 am
Clarissa wrote:
I'll pray for him.

This means a lot.
And I don't expect to see these threads flooded with me toos, etc., and I don't know if it's constructive either, but it's a reminder, to those who posts these threads that we notice, even if we don't reply. And even if you don't see views, people may see the thread title and without opening, daven. And continue to.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:09 am
PinkFridge wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
I'll pray for him.

This means a lot.
And I don't expect to see these threads flooded with me toos, etc., and I don't know if it's constructive either, but it's a reminder, to those who posts these threads that we notice, even if we don't reply. And even if you don't see views, people may see the thread title and without opening, daven. And continue to.
I confess I don't know how to say tehillim but when I daven, I do in my own words and with my heart. I realize that people want actual tehillim, of course, and respect that.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:16 am
Clarissa wrote:
PinkFridge wrote:
Clarissa wrote:
I'll pray for him.

This means a lot.
I confess I don't know how to say tehillim but when I daven, I do in my own words and with my heart. I realize that people want actual tehillim, of course, and respect that.

I wasn't going to like a post on your thread, but this one I did. Some days, I don't know what I can say I know for sure anymore, I surely know that your prayers, like all sincere ones, are treasured and hit the mark.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:30 am
I said tehillim, my family is in the same situation. My heart goes out to them.

bookie

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:35 am
Clarissa, your words really touched me. I have a feeling that your prayer is a lot more meaningful than most people muttering tehilim.

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:37 am
I don't deserve that, but thanks. I'm sorry for making this about me. I hope this man has a speedy and complete recovery. It's a difficult illness (my father had it) but treatments are getting more effective all the time.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:45 am
I'm all for personal and heartfelt prayer. I have difficulty with organized tefila.

I'm also having a hard time because lately it seems like there is a lot illness and death in the community.

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 7:59 am
refuah shelaima !!!

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 8:27 am
amother wrote:
I'm all for personal and heartfelt prayer. I have difficulty with organized tefila.

I'm also having a hard time because lately it seems like there is a lot illness and death in the community.

Yes, there has been a lot, and I have some thoughts and musings. This isn't the thread for it, and I don't have my head together to start one, let alone come up with the best forum for it (inspiration?) but if anyone does, let me know.

Amother, whose family is also going through this, thank you for giving us the opportunity to daven for you, and may you see much bracha for davening for others in the same situation.

And Clarissa, I don't see this as about you as much as your representing "Every woman." Or maybe every third, or fifth, or eleventh, who knows.

bamamama

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 6:09 pm
Update: Chaim David Reuven ben Chana Rochel is now in critical condition. Please, please daven right now before you click on another thread. We need good news!!!!

greenfire

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 6:32 pm
okay I just said some perokim ...

Clarissa

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 6:49 pm
My husband is going to say tehillim now. He taught me one to say, too. I hope we hear good news soon.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 16 2013, 9:00 pm
Not that it should make any difference, so please keep davening.
I wanted to clarify that the texts and fb messages that went around tonight were blown a little bit out of proportion.
Emotions are running high and it's completely understandable given the recent news.
With that said I hope he recovers quickly, his family really needs him.
Please keep him in mind and continue davening for him!

Clarissa

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 9:06 am
Any updates? I hope there's been improvement.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 12:05 pm
BD"E

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 12:24 pm
sorry to hear ...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed