Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
BEDBUG bed bug help / advise

amother

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 10:28 pm
bedbug survivors, please tell me:
so we had bedbugs. exterminator came, he told us to put all clothing etc in dryer on hot and in bags. now some people keep them in bags for a while, mine said I can take it out the next day.
what did you do?

what did you do with stuff that get ruined if you dry it on hot? I put curtains in dryer, started smelling from smoke, took it out.

also I have some new stuff still in plastic that I cant take tag off cause want to give away or return. what shall I do?

my exterminator said I do not have to do anything with my sheitel...

amother

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 10:35 pm
1. also after the treatment and the clothing stuff, do you just assume that you are bug free?

I have been waiting to invite people over for shabbos. can I have people over again?

2. what did you do with your carseats that are in your house (mine are in closet)?

thanks for your time

momaholic

Post Wed, Apr 17 2013, 10:46 pm
The reason many people keep it in bags is because there is usually 2 treatments. this way you don't need to do the work twice. Anything that cant be dried should be dry cleaned or can be put in the freezer. if you want you can wash your wigs. usually after 2 treatments if you prepared properly you should be fine. good luck

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 8:22 am
thanks

my exterminator said usualy follow up is not neded, I hope he knows what he is talking about.

also what shall I do with all the sterilite storage boxes and laundry baskets? can I reuse them? can eggs stay in it?

momaholic

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 10:36 am
Most places do a 2nd treatment. I would request it. I know many people that had only one treatment and then a few months later they needed another one. If the bins are plastic wash them well and you will be fine.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 7:57 pm
thanks, we already put the stuff back, hope we wont see those creatures anymore
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry