Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Pls help me write something for DD siddur

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 3:01 pm
My dd 6 brought home a notebook siddur and there is a blank piece of paper in the front, Im told I have to write her a brocha, can someone help me with what to write. Thanks.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Apr 21 2013, 3:45 pm
bump

shiffycc

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:03 am
I wish some one had helped you...cuz I could sure use some help now!

joy613

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 12:37 am
Some ideas: Mazel tov on getting your first siddur... Hashem should always answer your tefilos...Hashem should bench you to be a big tzadeikes...You should continue to make mommy and daddy, so happy and proud of you...

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:49 am
To my DD,
Just like mommy and abba love you so much, Hashem is your Abba and He wants only the best for you. You can always talk to Hashem when you are happy or sad or lonely and tell Him how you are feeling. Hashem loves hearing from His children!
We love you sweet dd!

rainbow dash

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 4:58 am
Thanks but this post was 3 yrs old. But since I have 2 more girls. I'll keeep it in mind.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 8:31 am
Seriously, thank g-d this popped up! I have to write in ours this weekend and I struggled to write something in my older kids' siddurs years ago. Then I felt guilty about that because one would think writing to your child would come easily right?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 10:09 am
amother wrote:
Seriously, thank g-d this popped up! I have to write in ours this weekend and I struggled to write something in my older kids' siddurs years ago. Then I felt guilty about that because one would think writing to your child would come easily right?

Yeah, but this is important. Of course it's not going to be so simple. And then, if it flows and flows, you have to distill it for a 6 y.o.
I'm sure we can figure out more useful applications for your guilt. Wink

shiffycc

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 10:35 am
amother wrote:
To my DD,
Just like mommy and abba love you so much, Hashem is your Abba and He wants only the best for you. You can always talk to Hashem when you are happy or sad or lonely and tell Him how you are feeling. Hashem loves hearing from His children!
We love you sweet dd!

I love this!

baltomom

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 10:40 am
Cerulean amother, that is beautiful!

Another (simple) option: May your beautiful tefillos always go straight to Hashem!

groisamomma

Post Tue, May 24 2016, 11:25 am
We wrote this when DD started Shemona Esrei at 8. You will probably want to revise it a little to make it age-appropriate:

Dearest DD,

What a big girl you are already, starting to עשרה שמונה דאווען! We can’t believe how time has flown and how quickly you are growing up. It seems like just yesterday you were born and we were so excited to have our very first girl join the family. Since you were little, you always carried such אחריות and were so considerate and concerned for others. As you get older, your beautiful מדות shine more and more every single day.

The אויבישטער waits for the תפילות of little children because they are so הייליג and so special. Always remember that דאווענינג is a time to ask ‘ה for anything you want and that ‘ה is waiting and listening for your תפילות because He loves you.

It says in עשרה שמונה the words “פה כל תפילות שומע אתה כי” which means that no תפילה is ever wasted. ‘ה may not say “Yes” to everything we ask for, but He is always listening to our תפילות and He knows what is best for us. Remember to use the quiet time during עשרה שמונה to thank ‘ה for keeping you and our family healthy and giving you everything you need.

Always remember that we love you and are so proud of you.

Love,
Totty and Mommy

shiffycc

Post Wed, May 25 2016, 12:37 pm
groisamomma wrote:
We wrote this when DD started Shemona Esrei at 8. You will probably want to revise it a little to make it age-appropriate:

Dearest DD,

What a big girl you are already, starting to עשרה שמונה דאווען! We can’t believe how time has flown and how quickly you are growing up. It seems like just yesterday you were born and we were so excited to have our very first girl join the family. Since you were little, you always carried such אחריות and were so considerate and concerned for others. As you get older, your beautiful מדות shine more and more every single day.

The אויבישטער waits for the תפילות of little children because they are so הייליג and so special. Always remember that דאווענינג is a time to ask ‘ה for anything you want and that ‘ה is waiting and listening for your תפילות because He loves you.

It says in עשרה שמונה the words “פה כל תפילות שומע אתה כי” which means that no תפילה is ever wasted. ‘ה may not say “Yes” to everything we ask for, but He is always listening to our תפילות and He knows what is best for us. Remember to use the quiet time during עשרה שמונה to thank ‘ה for keeping you and our family healthy and giving you everything you need.

Always remember that we love you and are so proud of you.

Love,
Totty and Mommy

This is beautiful!
Thank you ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children