Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Birthday party disappointment...

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:32 am
My 4 yr old dd has been looking forward to her birthday party in gan for as long as I can remember. She has been talking about every little detail involved and we were BREATHING and LIVING her birthday party (can anyone relate lol?? Smile )

Anyway, her morah called me last week to tell me that she hasn't been able to get ahold of her rav to ask about having music by the party during sefira. I use the same birthday cd as her and I know what a difference it makes to do it without music...anyway, she said that because she doesn't have an answer, she is going to do it without music. I was pretty disappointed and I also felt that it was a little unfair, because all the rabanim that I know of hold that you can play music for kids, especially in a gan (in my gan, we do). But, ok. I couldn't really argue with her.

The party was on Monday...and it was such a disappointment. The morah was hoarse, the kids were going crazy and were completely unmotivated, not really listening or participating...uch.

I don't think my daughter really cared too much - she had been prepared that there would be no musica nd she loved being the center of attention, so I was just trying to be positive for her sake. But I am stilll SO disappointed because it was really a very schvach party... Sad

Just wanted to vent...

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:54 am
That is disappointing, but it is great that your dd was prepared for it being without the music.

cinnamon

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 5:57 am
That is very dissapointing.
Maybe next year you can ask the ganenet to push it off till after lag b'omer? it's just a week later.

Tablepoetry

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 8:01 am
Do something nice at home to make it up for her and for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers