Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I live in Italy - ask me anything...
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:36 am
I live in italy. you can ask me and I will see what to answer so as not to give myself away.....

ask away!!

skinny

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 9:38 am
no questions 4 u just envy lol

flowerpower

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:02 am
Where in Italy do you live?
Do you know italian?
Whats it like to live there?
How is the jewish community there?

Isramom8

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:08 am
Do you visit Venice often? Do you think of Venice as a pain when it rains and because of the water transportation? Do you wear Murano glass jewelry? Do you like the bland pizza?

Where do you daven? If you are a mother, what schools do your kids attend? What is your general impression of the non-Jews in Italy? Do people on the street realize that your family is Jewish? Have you experienced antisemitism? Do you hope to make aliyah? Is your long term plan to stay in Italy? Where are you from originally?

Do you think Jurno is a nice name for a baby girl?

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:10 am
To visit is exotic. Do you consider living there exotic? Do you like it?

rae gi

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:21 am
Have you had the new Pope to dinner yet? Was Rome actually built in a day?

sunflower_seed

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:24 am
ma dove stai in italia? veramento noi vogliame venire per una settimana a roma o al mare. sentito que non che tanti hebraichi a roma e no lo so dove possiami stare, qualle zona e meglio?

so yes everyone forgive me just love itailian though my grammar is horrible. I asked the op whats the best place to stay for a week in terms of jewish life

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:05 pm
Quote:
Where in Italy do you live?
Do you know italian?
Whats it like to live there?
How is the jewish community there?

I live in milan

yes I know italian

its a place you need to get used to especialy if you come from USA where there r tons of jew, kosher stores etc. also the language is different alot to get used to. also mentality different.....

there is quite a big jewish community here.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:10 pm
Quote:
Do you visit Venice often? Do you think of Venice as a pain when it rains and because of the water transportation? Do you wear Murano glass jewelry? Do you like the bland pizza?

Where do you daven? If you are a mother, what schools do your kids attend? What is your general impression of the non-Jews in Italy? Do people on the street realize that your family is Jewish? Have you experienced antisemitism? Do you hope to make aliyah? Is your long term plan to stay in Italy? Where are you from originally?

Do you think Jurno is a nice name for a baby girl?

I have been to venice a number of times and love it there!!

There are a number of shuls close by that we daven in. Therre is a jewish school here, thats where my kids go to.
its funny because over here the normal thing to do is have maybe 2 kids and a dog. if u have more they think how can u be italian and they make comments and stare......we plan to stay here. im originaly from another place in europe.
never heard of the name jurno sorry.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:14 pm
Quote:
To visit is exotic. Do you consider living there exotic? Do you like it?

It is very different to what your all used to living thats for sure. once you learn the language you can adapt more easier, before when you just come and dont know whats flying (because of language barrier etc etc) it is exotic.

it was hard to get used to everything here but BH 2 plus years and I am still slowly getting the hang of things.

gold21

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:16 pm
What's the culture like there? How is it different than the US ( assuming you're familiar with US culture)?

Are people friendly to Jews?

What's the work culture like? More relaxed or just as crazy hectic overwhelming as the work culture here in the US?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:16 pm
Quote:
Have you had the new Pope to dinner yet? Was Rome actually built in a day?

Nope and I still have no clue about Rome Smile

thanks

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:18 pm
Is your husband from Italy? Does he work there? Do you work?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:20 pm
Quote:
ma dove stai in italia? veramento noi vogliame venire per una settimana a roma o al mare. sentito que non che tanti hebraichi a roma e no lo so dove possiami stare, qualle zona e meglio?

so yes everyone forgive me just love itailian though my grammar is horrible. I asked the op whats the best place to stay for a week in terms of jewish life

Your italian is not tooo bad Wink

There r quite a few jews in rome. I have never actualy been there yet but we have a friend there that supdates us.

Venice is realy nice to stay for a week. There is jewish life there. Also milan there is jewish comnity but there isnt as much to do.

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:26 pm
Quote:
What's the culture like there? How is it different than the US ( assuming you're familiar with US culture)?

Are people friendly to Jews?

What's the work culture like? More relaxed or just as crazy hectic overwhelming as the work culture here in the US?

Its very different. for ex. everything (most stores ad work places) are closed between 12.30 and 3.30 for lunch. over here lunch is the main meal of the day so they make a big huge deal about it and then rest. so if u need anything important done u have to wait. then there r places that dont open monday mornings bc they still resting from the weekend.

people are friendly to the jews. alot ask all types of questions bc they intrested.

I guess its the same. (work culture)

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:28 pm
Quote:

Yes my husband is from here.

He works here and im still looking for something to do now that my kids r in school all day.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

Yes my husband is from here.

He works here and im still looking for something to do now that my kids r in school all day.

How long have you been living there, since your married? If not, how old were your kids? What age is the norm to start school?

amother

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 3:00 pm
Quote:
How long have you been living there, since your married? If not, how old were your kids? What age is the norm to start school?

I have been living here for a few years since im married. only my oldest wasnt born here. my kids start school at 2 but you can go already starting 6 months here.

spring13

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 4:36 pm
Is the food delicious? I read Playing for Pizza (by John Grisham) over and over b/c it makes Italy sound like the yummiest place in the world... do you eat the same kinds of things that everyone else eats except made with kosher ingredients? What kind of food is typical in Milan?

gumby

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 4:59 pm
Do you ride a Vespa? Do you eat gelato all the time ? Are there any good brands with hechsherim?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics