Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I live in Italy - ask me anything...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

imsobored

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:37 pm
Envy envy! I went to Italy once, went to Milan, Venice and Rome, the kosher food in all three places was heaven!
Can u send me a custard croissant from Kafe ( I think that's what it's called) :-) :-)

thedudette

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:50 pm
do u want guests? Wink jk I wish.....

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:14 pm
[quoteIs the food delicious? I read Playing for Pizza (by John Grisham) over and over b/c it makes Italy sound like the yummiest place in the world... do you eat the same kinds of things that everyone else eats except made with kosher ingredients? What kind of food is typical in Milan?][/quote]

The typical foods here are pizza, pasta and fenel.

You could get delicious foods here. they try to make it the same kind just in kosher.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:16 pm
Quote:
Do you ride a Vespa? Do you eat gelato all the time ? Are there any good brands with hechsherim?

I am sorry, but I dont know what a vespa is.......

There is a fairly new kosher cafe that opened and they sell the best ice cream ever! all different flavours. (everyone that comes says so)

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:18 pm
Quote:
Envy envy! I went to Italy once, went to Milan, Venice and Rome, the kosher food in all three places was heaven!
Can u send me a custard croissant from Kafe ( I think that's what it's called)

maybe you talking about my cafe in milan? there they have the best croissants!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:18 pm
Quote:
Can u send me a custard croissant from Kafe ( I think that's what it's called)

maybe you talking about my cafe in milan? there they have the best croissants!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:20 pm
Quote:
do u want guests? jk I wish.....

I love guests and meeting new people too!
Would love to have you!

MMCH

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 2:59 pm
we had the BEST time in italy!!!
milan was our first stop on the trip we stayed in the cutest tiniest hotel!!! I cant remember the name, but it was around the corner from the kosher gellato place.
holy cow is that stuff good!! we had it 2x a day!!
and a kosher dairy restuarnt, also dont remember their name, had the BEST pizza!!

do you travel around a lot? do you go to venice and rome and other touristy places? or save those for big occasions?
there seemed like a big jewish community we were so suprised when my dh went to minyan one weekday morning and it was packed!
ha were such new yorkers!!

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 3:33 pm
Quote:
we had the BEST time in italy!!!
milan was our first stop on the trip we stayed in the cutest tiniest hotel!!! I cant remember the name, but it was around the corner from the kosher gellato place.
holy cow is that stuff good!! we had it 2x a day!!
and a kosher dairy restuarnt, also dont remember their name, had the BEST pizza!!

do you travel around a lot? do you go to venice and rome and other touristy places? or save those for big occasions?
there seemed like a big jewish community we were so suprised when my dh went to minyan one weekday morning and it was packed!
ha were such new yorkers!!

Yeah thats the cafe I am talking about.

We have been to venice a few times but we dont really go places as my husband works and has very limited time off so we would rather use those vacation days for when we really need them.

The jewish community is quite big but not as big as in america etc..... there r minyanim for shacharis mincha and mariv every day.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 4:04 pm
What do you like most about living in Italy/ Milan?

What do you like least?

Could you speak Italian before you moved?

What was it like having a baby in an Italian hospital? (if you did)

Tikva67

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 7:40 pm
Hello!
I am so happy to see your post. My daughter and 3 friends are going to be in Italy during January 2015 and I am helping them arrange for Shabbos accommodations. They are based in Florence, but would like to spend their 4 Shabbosim in different communities. Can you help me get information for them? They are 20 yr. old frum girls from NY.
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

doctorima

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 11:12 pm
The OP was from more than a year ago, so she may not see it. They should definitely spend 1 Shabbos in Venice; contact Chabad there for arrangements. 1 Shabbos in Rome and try to daven in the Great Synagogue there, but I don't know who to contact for meals or lodging. Florence doesn't have a regular minyan even in the summer; check to see what the situation is there in the winter.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 16 2015, 2:22 pm
op here.
sorry havent been on in a while......... just saw ur post now about ur daughter that came here in january. how did it all go? if I would of seen this I would of loved to help.....

well anyways if anyone has any other questions I would be glad to help.

we love visitors!!!!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 6:07 am
I am planning a trip for my 40th birthday in a 2 years. I know its a long way off, but it wont happen unless I plan..
My dream is to go to venice, gondola and there is a place to make mosaics. besides the normal touristy things to do, what else shoudl I plan for the trip?

thanks!

imasoftov

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 6:35 pm
Has anyone ever hung a pashkevil in Hebrew on the statue of Pasquino in Rome?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasquino

Grandjm

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 3:33 am
Hi!
I understand that you are from Italy. We live in Jerusalem and are planning to go there around June 21st for a few days. Just found out that there are no weekday minyanim in Florence. After asking many people that's the CITY we wanted to see!!
So now, we are considering Venice. I will check to see if they have a minyan there. If they do... do you have any advice? Is it nice there? Anything to do?? We like nature, walking and I LIKE shopping !Smile
Of course, Jewish sites as well.
We don't want to stay in Rome.
Is there another area/city that you would suggest (with a shul!)???
Thanks so much!!!!
Linda
Jerusalem

Didi

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 5:28 am
can you get anything kosher in the airport? we have a stopover coming up?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 7:30 am
Do you know someone who has been to Canarzei?
We consider it but it's unclear whether they have a kid club or just a playroom? PLus is the food heimish, Italian, sabra?

THANK YOU!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 2:54 pm
we love canazei! they usualy have a kids club and the food is regular normal food maybe one meal here and there italian style...

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 2:59 pm
Is it safe for Jews with all the "refugees" pouring in
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics