Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Measles ... :(
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

tissues

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:37 pm
amother wrote:
Can a nursing newborn get the measles if the mom was vaccinated?

Yes.
But, a nursing newborn whose mother is immune because she herself had the disease is most likely protected. I had that when mumps went around. I got it, but my nursing toddler did not. A few months later I checked his titers and it came back that he was immune. Neither of us was ever vaccinated.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 1:53 pm
I vaccinate my children, but not too many shots at once. My baby was 12 months and 4 days old when the doctor called that I should bring him in immediately for a measles shot because they had 3 patients with the measles already. I got him the shot and one other, but refused the 2 others that he needs. We'll go back in a month for those.

I can believe that there may be babies whose autism was triggered by the measles shot. There are also other triggers that can cause autism. I think it's not much to worry about if you don't bombard a kid with too many shots. I also wouldn't vaccinate a kid who is under a year old, since the measles shot is not generally given that young. Maybe I am more cautious because I have a sister who had convulsions from the measles shot.

tissues

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:09 pm
the world's best mom wrote:
I vaccinate my children, but not too many shots at once. My baby was 12 months and 4 days old when the doctor called that I should bring him in immediately for a measles shot because they had 3 patients with the measles already. I got him the shot and one other, but refused the 2 others that he needs. We'll go back in a month for those.

I can believe that there may be babies whose autism was triggered by the measles shot. There are also other triggers that can cause autism. I think it's not much to worry about if you don't bombard a kid with too many shots. I also wouldn't vaccinate a kid who is under a year old, since the measles shot is not generally given that young. Maybe I am more cautious because I have a sister who had convulsions from the measles shot.

If I would vaccinate, I would definitely do it like you! Delay until two and space out.

bamamama

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:24 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
The prolonged antibiotics thing scares me.... bc when Mendy was 2 weeks old I developed a terrible pelvic infection and was on very strong antibiotics for 2 months (I was nursing.) Then Mendy had 7 back to back ear infections and was on antibiotics each time. So who knows....

Watch the series of vids if you can, Mama Bear. Some families are finding a reduction of symptoms by using lots of probiotics. Really reinforces the connection that our gut is so, so important.

amother

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 6:41 pm
I recently watched a lecture by David Ayoub MD and he says that children affected by mercury in vaccines can be helped by drawing the mercury out of the body.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 6:56 pm
amother wrote:
I recently watched a lecture by David Ayoub MD and he says that children affected by mercury in vaccines can be helped by drawing the mercury out of the body.

A. He makes grandiose statements without any evidence supporting them.

B.The MMR vaccine does not contain thimerosal, and it never did.

yogabird

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 1:51 am
amother wrote:

This is called chelation therapy and I've read several first hand accounts of children displaying autistic symptoms who improved drastically following chelation.

It is a very costly therapy.

lucymaud

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 6:28 am
There is no link between autism and vaccination. The doctor who said there was has been deregistered for malpractice. It also turns out that he had a business interest in producing a single vaccine for each illness, ie not the MMR combination. My nephew is autistic and my sister in law tried all that dietary stuff. Didn't work. Unfortunately, we don't know what causes autism and until we do, we won't be able to effectively solve the issues. Right now all we do is manage the condition.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics