Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Measles ... :(
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

tissues

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
tissues wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:
why are people still equating autism with vaccinations when it's been proven the two have no correlation and that all the "science" was made up?

You say that it has been proven the two have no correlation.
Fact is: It has not been proven (yet) that the two have a correlation.
Notice the difference.

the difference is meaningless in terms of action. according to both fear of autism would not be a reason not to vaccinate.

For you.

For others (including myself): I see (some firsthand) the damage caused by vaccines. The medical world can refute it all it wants, but the anecdotal evidence is clear. This is similar to the history of tobacco where for years we were being told it's safe to smoke or inhale smoke simply because the money was in the right places. And then the anecdotal evidence became too strong to ignore, and a connection was found. Same with hormone replacement. Same with the overabundance of vaccines.

(Notice: I'm not against vaccines theoretically. But the way they are being pushed more vaccines for more diseases and more boosters, it's scary. And they aren't as effective as we are being told...)

ETA: in other words, no connection was found between autism and vaccines doesn't mean there isn't one. They just haven't found it. (or looked hard enough... there's too much at stake to go against accepted medical protocol)

Last edited by tissues on Fri, May 24 2013, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

thinkermother

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 12:35 pm
Yes basic illness fever rash in some cases. Rarely it leads to brain damage

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 12:57 pm
Ok, and is that something you are scared of or not?

Factory Girl

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 2:40 pm
I had a scare earlier in the week. Daughter had fever and what I thought was a rash....\
took her to Ezra Medical center, were the nurse came out to great us and put a mask on my 4 year old as she brought us inside the exam room. where we were told we needed to stay PUT WITH THE DOOR CLOSE!, I was s freakkinngggg out!!!

turns out, my daughter did not have a rash, but bug bites on her legs and the fever was due to I guess a cold/cough.

but I was really irritated with the dr, who was explaining to me that I should still be on the look put for possible measles. So then what was the point of vaccinating my daughter AND giving her a buster shot!!????

shessh!

Cookies n Cream

Post Fri, May 24 2013, 2:43 pm
Factory Girl wrote:
I had a scare earlier in the week. Daughter had fever and what I thought was a rash....\
took her to Ezra Medical center, were the nurse came out to great us and put a mask on my 4 year old as she brought us inside the exam room. where we were told we needed to stay PUT WITH THE DOOR CLOSE!, I was s freakkinngggg out!!!

turns out, my daughter did not have a rash, but bug bites on her legs and the fever was due to I guess a cold/cough.

but I was really irritated with the dr, who was explaining to me that I should still be on the look put for possible measles. So then what was the point of vaccinating my daughter AND giving her a buster shot!!????

shessh!

See the update from the DOH. According to them, all 34 cases were unvaccinated although I personally know of one person that had it and WAS vaccinated, but maybe it wasn't reported?

sarahd

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 5:28 pm
tissues wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:
why are people still equating autism with vaccinations when it's been proven the two have no correlation and that all the "science" was made up?

Notice the difference.

I notice the difference. It has not been proven (yet) that extended breastfeeding causes autism. Are you going to wean your kids at three months?

sped

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 7:04 pm
sarahd wrote:
tissues wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:

Notice the difference.

I notice the difference. It has not been proven (yet) that extended breastfeeding causes autism. Are you going to wean your kids at three months?

Can I double like?
Not scientific proof: A very close friend has a child who was diagnosed with PDD (autistic spectrum). She stoppped vaccinating "just in case". Some 8 years later another child was diagnosed, this time with severe autism (low functioning). She then vaccinated all her kids.

amother

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 11:11 pm
tissues wrote:
amother wrote:
tissues wrote:
vintagebknyc wrote:

Notice the difference.

the difference is meaningless in terms of action. according to both fear of autism would not be a reason not to vaccinate.

For you.

For others (including myself): I see (some firsthand) the damage caused by vaccines. The medical world can refute it all it wants, but the anecdotal evidence is clear. This is similar to the history of tobacco where for years we were being told it's safe to smoke or inhale smoke simply because the money was in the right places. And then the anecdotal evidence became too strong to ignore, and a connection was found. Same with hormone replacement. Same with the overabundance of vaccines.

(Notice: I'm not against vaccines theoretically. But the way they are being pushed more vaccines for more diseases and more boosters, it's scary. And they aren't as effective as we are being told...)

ETA: in other words, no connection was found between autism and vaccines doesn't mean there isn't one. They just haven't found it. (or looked hard enough... there's too much at stake to go against accepted medical protocol)

According to overwhelming anecdotal evidence all of the autistic children rode in car seats for many months prior to diagnosis, so lets all stop using car seats. Sure there is no scientific evidence proving a link between autism and car seats but you never know. Of course it's impossible to disprove a negative and ALL the studies done have not shown any correlation between car seats and autism yet but let's stop using car seats because clearly the potential benefit of car seats does not outweigh the potential harm of contracting autism.

why is more vaccines and more boosters scary? I would think the more diseases we can protect our children and ourselves from the better! and if a vaccine only lasts for a period of time before you need a booster - why is that a cause for concern?

you do realize that your last paragraph is a terrible accusation against all researchers and physicians who have studied vaccinations and strongly recommend their use. to accuse them of all being in the pockets of big pharma is really low. and the complete lack of hakoras hatov to researchers who spent their lives studying diseases and inventing vaccines so that we no longer have to worry about small pox, polio (which wasn't even patented since Dr. Salk wanted to make sure as many people as possible had access to it) and all of the other diseases prior generations suffered from is just appalling.

amother
Green

Post Sat, May 25 2013, 11:58 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jan 12 2016, 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:17 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
This is scientifically proven that there are markers present at birth that predict autism.

LA Times - Autism at birth

The topic is fascinating. Is that really what you understood from the article?

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:21 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
This is scientifically proven that there are markers present at birth that predict autism.

did you read the article?

"The test can’t say whether a particular infant will grow up to develop autism. At its best, it can only serve as a warning that a particular baby has an increased risk of developing autism."

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 12:42 am
and so the parents wont even enjoy their baby's first year, but be filled with fear and dread the whole time. And put their kid through EI if they dont need it bc theyre so scared. Nah.... not worth it. Rather wait and see and be vigilant always, not *know for a sure maybe* immediately that youre life might turn into Hell when the kid is 18-24 months.

tissues

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 1:01 am
sarahd and amother, has anyone EVER suggested that car seats or extended nursing causes autism? Is there any anecdotal evidence to that at all? Your examples are quite ridiculous.

If you've done any research at all into how vaccinations work, you will know that concerns about them DO exist (as opposed to your examples). And the concerns are valid as seen unfortunately by mothers whose children were damaged by a vaccine AND as per the CDC on the inserts of each vaccine.

I've mentioned this in another thread: Anyone saying that there are no possible negative side effects to vaccinations is in denial. Rather one should acknowledge them and decide if the risk of negative side effects is outweighed by the risk of disease.

yogabird

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:18 am
OPINIONATED wrote:

As with any genetic markers, there is a predisposition, and then certain actions that will actually trigger the gene into action.

(example BRCA predisposition. the risk can be diminished with proper lifestyle, or exacerbated by living unhealthy)

How do you know that these markers are not triggered by the shock to the system sustained by multiple doses of high power and highly toxic vaccinations?

It comes as no surprise to anyone that still believes that vaccinations are correlated with autism, that vaccinations are not the ONLY factor in the development of autism.

We see clearly that some are vaccinated and unharmed, so it can't be a cause-and-effect.

There are obviously other factors, and the first to blame would be genetics. I know a few families with more than one autistic kid.

bamamama

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 2:52 am
tissues wrote:
sarahd and amother, has anyone EVER suggested that car seats or extended nursing causes autism? Is there any anecdotal evidence to that at all? Your examples are quite ridiculous.

If you've done any research at all into how vaccinations work, you will know that concerns about them DO exist (as opposed to your examples). And the concerns are valid as seen unfortunately by mothers whose children were damaged by a vaccine AND as per the CDC on the inserts of each vaccine.

I've mentioned this in another thread: Anyone saying that there are no possible negative side effects to vaccinations is in denial. Rather one should acknowledge them and decide if the risk of negative side effects is outweighed by the risk of disease.

David Suzuki did a program on his show "The Nature of Things" about autism being linked to prolonged antibiotic use in childhood and its effect on gut flora. The MMR/autism link has been almost totally debunked. Here's a link to the promo - the underneath takes you to the CBC page where you might be able to see the whole series of episodes (I don't know for sure if it's viewable outside Canada)

http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthin......html

tissues

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:38 am
Bamamama (and sped), nowhere did I say that vaccinations definitely cause autism and that the only way to "get" autism is through vaccinations. I don't believe that. It would be quite ridiculous for anyone to believe so.

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:41 am
tissues wrote:

The bolded I completely agree with. But it is important for people to know what the risks actually are for them to make the informed decision. There is no scientific evidence that vaccines cause autism - that theory was based on a study which has since been debunked and the false findings were not able to be replicated in other studies. Is it possible that for some children who might have propensity to develop autism vaccinations are a trigger? yes, but that is purely a hypothesis and should be treated as such until backed up by scientific research. The point is that the anecdotal evidence started popping up after the false study, if another study claimed XYZ causes autism you'll see plenty of anecdotal evidence show up for it as well, regardless of whether the claim is true or not.

And it is important for parents of unvaccinated to kids to make sure that they do not pose a threat to other children who have not been vaccinated due to age or cannot be vaccinated due to other factors. I don't see that caution being taken or that responsibility adequately considered - it's just "I have chosen not to vaccinate" and no further consideration for how you should alter your lifestyle to minimize the effect on society after that.

tissues

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:53 am
So we're back to square one, amother.

Yes, everyone should do his/her own research when it comes to vaccinations and be aware what the risks and benefits of the vaccine and of the disease are. Agreed.

Vaccinations have not been proven to cause autism. Agreed. (Note: I did not say that it has been proven that vaccinations do not prove autism.)

Parents of any child, vaccinated or not, who has been exposed to a contagious disease should be responsible and keep the child away from other people. Agreed. (this includes kids who were recently vaccinated with diseases that shed, there is possibility for them to pass it on to others. Have you seen adequate caution with that???)

And yes, everyone has the right to come to his/her own conclusion in the USA in the year 2013.

Last edited by tissues on Sun, May 26 2013, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Mama Bear

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 10:53 am
The prolonged antibiotics thing scares me.... bc when Mendy was 2 weeks old I developed a terrible pelvic infection and was on very strong antibiotics for 2 months (I was nursing.) Then Mendy had 7 back to back ear infections and was on antibiotics each time. So who knows....

amother

Post Sun, May 26 2013, 11:31 am
Can a nursing newborn get the measles if the mom was vaccinated?
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics