Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Do your same gender twins share clothes?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:07 am
If you have same sex twins, do they share clothes or do you have a separate set for each one?

If they share, until what age?

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:24 am
My DH is a twin and when we got married he picked half the shirts and ties out of his and his brother's shared closet to bring home Smile Luckily he got married first so he got first pick. He was wearing the same as his brother until age 23 Smile

abby1776

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:36 am
I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old that are the same size (the 1 year old is huge and the 2 year old is small) they share clothes.

Jughead

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:41 am
mine have been different sizes since birth (they're 16 now) so no, they don't share

tooperfect

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 10:59 am
mine share (3 yo boys) but they each have shirts and pants that they like to wear that the other one doesn't like as much

Fox

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:10 am
17-year-old identical twin girls: they have their own clothes, but they share a lot. I also notice that frequently they'll buy an item and actually split the cost -- with the intention that both will use it.

Lizie22

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:12 am
My sister and I shared through 8th grade at least.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:21 am
I have a 6 and 7 yr old son, and they share many clothes.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:33 am
My 7 yr old twin boys share everything. One drawer of underwear, socks, etc and stack of pants and doubles of every shirt.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:33 am
My 7 yr old twin boys share everything. One drawer of underwear, socks, etc and stack of pants and doubles of every shirt.

AlwaysThinking

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:34 am
last amother - did you post twice on purpose? Tongue Out Lady Lady

momx6

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:36 am
Sure, why not! They share clothes, socks, underwear. They have their own shoes, jackets, bows-with their initial. My twin girls look so much alike and their in the same class with uniforms so I got them personalized bows so their teachers know whos who! Works like a charm :-)

ETA: I like to buy coordinating clothes so 1 shirt is pink and the other is purple and then they take turns wearing a shirts.

Last edited by momx6 on Tue, Apr 30 2013, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

bigsis144

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 11:45 am
I'm one of 4 sisters (approx. 2 year gap from one to the next), and we all ended up within a few inches of each other in height, so we all borrow clothes from each other. (Well, less now that we're scattered around the country, but when we visit each one another it's like a shopping spree!)

When I got married, my sisters all had to approve any item I wanted to take with me, because most of the clothes didn't belong to any one of us. Very Happy

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:05 pm
They are different sizes, so no. They shared when they were babies and toddlers, but they are about a size apart now. They do share socks. Actually, they don't. They decide which socks belong to which kid, but I have no idea and just shove them all in the same drawer.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 12:06 pm
Sure Riff, one for each boy Smile

Not sure how it happened.

amother

Post Tue, Apr 30 2013, 5:29 pm
I pretty much buy two of everything

amother

Post Sun, Jun 16 2013, 2:42 pm
My identical twin girls 21 years old have their own clothes
but sometimes share

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 29 2015, 4:43 am
amother wrote:
Sure Riff, one for each boy Smile

Not sure how it happened.

That's why I don't have twins, because I was never sure how to make it happen. Wink

Isramom8

Post Tue, Sep 29 2015, 4:46 am
But my daughters (two teens and one early twenties) share clothes, now that they all grew to be pretty much the same height and close in size. And we all share jewelry and makeup.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Sep 29 2015, 9:18 pm
I usually buy 2 sets of each outfit. It happens to be most of the time they are not the same size. So they can identify their clothes based on size. I also thought it was important that they each have something theirs. So they each have a color and I try and buy things for them in their own color.
When we get a new pack of underwear. They each claim certain pairs as "theirs"

I think twins esp need that feeling of something that is their own.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more